A fine cloth woven with magic.
As an ingredient
Mageweave Cloth is used in the following recipes:
As a quest objective
Mageweave Cloth is needed for the following quests:
- Hand in 60 Mageweave Cloth to a faction quartermaster to gain Reputation.
Places to farm
|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
The best place to farm Mageweave is the Deadwood Furbolgs in nothern Felwood; they drop 1-3 Mageweave off of 33% of the furbolg kills, as well as nice green drops without a lot of junk. The furbolgs are normal, rather than elite, so die much faster, and respawn very quickly. This is superior to other locations, and generates Timbermaw rep at the same time. Unfortunately, this is also well known, and mass farming there is common, which can make it difficult for lower-level toons.
- Lvl. 30-35: The Cape of Stranglethorn: Bloodsail Buccaneers, fairly low drop rate.
- Lvl. 32-42: Scarlet Monastery mobs drop Mageweave at rate of roughly 5%.
- Lvl. 35-40: Dustwallow Marsh: The Grimtotem clan drops Mageweave fairly reliably.
- Lvl. 37-38: Gordunni ogres in Feralas, drop rate of roughly 10%.
- Lvl. 40+: Thousand Needles: Twilight Bulwark is full of Twilight's Hammer cultists that Alliance and Horde can farm from.
- Lvl. 44-47: Dunemaul Ogres in the mid- to southwest of Tanaris. Also, the pirates east of Caverns of Time occasionally drop Mageweave.
- Lvl. 47-50: Deadwood furbolgs in northern Felwood drop Mageweave at a very good rate.
- Lvl 48+ Searing Gorge: The Dark Iron dwarves drop Mageweave at a very good rate.
- If you have a high level, Zul'Farrak or Stratholme is also a great place to farm Mageweave.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stacks to 200, up from 20.
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): Mageweave is now dropping on level 35 and above monsters.