- Magic Broom
- Binds when picked up
- Use: Summons and dismisses a rideable magical broom! This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location. (3 Sec Cooldown)
- Requires Level 20
- Requires Apprentice Riding
The Magic Broom is a temporary mount/item obtained from a quest, boss, or vendor during the Hallow's End seasonal event. It is instant cast and will adjust its speed and flight capability according to a character's riding skill, but can only be used during Hallow's End.
This item is an uncommon drop from the Headless Horseman encounter, which can be accessed through the Dungeon Finder during Hallow's End. It is also available for purchase from holiday vendors Dorothy and Chub, and can be found in Crudely Wrapped Gifts awarded daily for putting out the Horseman's fires in various towns.
This has several advantages compared to other mounts:
- It costs no gold.
- It is very compact, allowing the rider to pass underneath low door frames and other narrow places.
- It is completely silent in flight.
- It is instant cast, which among other things means it can be cast in mid-air or while otherwise in motion.
The item takes up a bag slot and is not placed in the player's Mount Collection. It is not shared with other characters on the account and is Bind on Pickup. It is removed from bags at the conclusion of the Hallow's End event.
It has an approximately 3 second cooldown, although this is only likely to be encountered when mounting, dismounting, and remounting in rapid succession.
This broom that scales with riding skill replaces several earlier broom mounts:
- epic flying mount during Hallow's End event.
- epic ground mount during Hallow's End event.
- flying mount during Hallow's End event.
- ground mount during Hallow's End event.
Those items used to drop individually, but have been completely replaced by this one.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Cast time no longer same as normal mounts, but nearly instant.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): No longer instant cast, but requires the same cast time as regular mounts.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.