Magic Decoder Device
110 - 120 (Requires 110)
16,450 (at level 110)
When you approached, it started to glow. Something about you...
<Maaz pauses and eyes the stone on your neck.>
...or on you... is waking it up!
Please, <class>, use the scepter and examine the statues of the Keepers, in the central courtyard of the ruins. Something there got their overseer very excited.
You will receive:
What did you discover?
Oh, thank you, danger noodle. This will give us just the angle we need to get the most out of what we find here. Your arrival was most fortuitous!
Interact with the Scepter of Prescience to transform into an Avatar of the Desert, a large serpent form that silences the player but allows them to move quickly across the ground and causes nearby sethrak mobs to turn friendly.
The statues you are tasked to inspect are located in three corners of the courtyard hosting the Crumbling Statue, which the player is bound to run into during the main questline. If the player tries to inspect the statues while not an Avatar of the Desert, they will all simply say:
- <There appear to be markings on the statue. What they say, if anything, was lost long ago.>
However, while in Avatar of the Desert form, the player is able to read the inscriptions.
- Korthek the Brave!
- Tales of strength and strategic agility are passed through camps of young warriors, and they all speak his name. When the battle is bleakest, tales of Korthek ignite the flames of battle.
- He is able to turn the tide single-handedly! He fights for his people with passion and ferocity!
- He is a beloved brother.
- For him, none will compare to the sethrak. We are the best. We are the wise. We are the mighty.
- With him at our back, no outsiders shall harm our powerful nation!
- Lawful, just, faithful, firm - these are the words that echo the name of Vorrik.
- His service to Sethraliss is profound and unwavering. His wisdom and clarity of vision are without question.
- There is nothing that will distract Vorrik from his duty as a Keeper.
- With his honored brothers at his back, he will maintain his eyes on the horizon.
- No enemy will ever get near enough to awaken our sleeping giant.
- Sulthis is the most closely connected to Sethraliss. The love he bears for his loa, and for the desert, inspired him to adopt the cobra as his spirit guide.
- He is often regarded as the first Keeper. While his power was immense, he knew it wouldn't be enough to seal the tomb alone. He sought out others to share the responsibility. Vorrik and Korthek agreed, and thus the Keepers were formed.
- Sethrak travel from far, and near, to place tokens of their affection at the feet of the statues of the Keepers. These tokens embody all that Sulthis represents.
- The C'Thraxxi must never have another chance to destroy everything we hold dear.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.