|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Kirin Tor, Frostwall|
|Location||Khadgar's Tower, Talador|
Magister Krelas is a Kirin Tor mage found at Khadgar's Tower. Horde players seeking to build an Arcane Sanctum will work with him, and he becomes a follower for their garrison after the questline is complete.
Krelas is a self-admitted pyromaniac, though he always manages to keep his cool in the heat of battle. He is polite and formal in his disposition, and treats the player with the utmost respect from the moment he is first met.
"My apologies for teleporting away. It's cheating, I know."
"It's time to fight fire with fire."
"I'm going to enjoy this."
- Frostwall gossip
- Lovely time for a stroll around the garrison, commander.
- Honored as always, commander.
- Pleasure to see you, commander.
- Any spells you need cast, commander? Portals you need opened? Diabolical schemes you need carried out?
I need you to come on patrol with me.
- Krelas appears to originally have been intended to be Conjurer Luminrath at one point in development. His voice files are listed under Luminrath's name, his character's appearance (hair style, color, skin color and facial features) are identical to Luminrath (bar eye color, as Luminrath was a High Elf). This was changed likely due to the fact that Luminrath did not survive the events of Kirin'var.
- When encountered during the Talador questing, he is named as Kirin Tor Magus.
- His ground mount appears to be a unique variant of the Stormwind war steed.
- His flying mount is the Blue Drake.
- Krelas is voiced by Troy Baker.
Why a Horde-leaning blood elf would remain part of the Kirin Tor after the Purge of Dalaran, or would even be allowed to, is unclear. He might have been separate from the Sunreavers and thus exempt from their exile.
Since Khadgar refers to him as a good friend it is possible he was allowed to the tower because of the Archmage himself, much in the same way that the player is allowed there - with Khadgar blatantly scoffing at Lady Jaina's ban of Horde in Zangarra.
He might simply be a high elf with no particular factional grudge, though he uses a blood elf voice and was even given green eyes (his eyes were blue throughout most of the beta), presumably to emphasize him being a blood elf.
This may also be a relic of when he was intended to be Conjurer Luminrath, a Kirin'var veteran. Luminrath was a long standing member of the Kirin Tor and a High Elf. This ultimately leads to another issue of why he would work for the Horde is unknown, though it is possible he could have sided primarily with his kindred in Silvermoon, made the transition to being a blood elf, or simply could have been aiding them as a favor to Khadgar.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.
- ^ (spell)