Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
Maiden of Grief
|Race||Titanic watcher (Giant)|
|Level||79 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Hall of Repose, Halls of Stone|
Loken commands the forces of Ulduar, but not all serve him willingly. The Maiden of Grief has been ordered to destroy any who try reclaiming the Halls of Stone. She mourns turning on former allies, but fulfills her orders with violent purpose. Even her sorrows have been forged into weapons.
- Pillar of Woe — The Maiden of Grief blasts an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage and additional Shadow damage every 2 sec. for 10 sec.
- Shock of Sorrow — The Maiden of Grief instantly shocks all players, inflicting Shadow damage and places them in a state of meditation that incapacitates them for 6 sec. This effect breaks when the player takes damage.
- Storm of Grief — The Maiden of Grief creates a storm of shadow that lasts 20 sec., blasting all players in a selected area for Shadow damage and inflicting additional Shadow damage every 1 sec.
- Parting Sorrow — The Maiden of Grief hits a player with an anti-mana bolt. For each point of mana consumed by the bolt, the target takes 1 Shadow damage.
This fight is not similar to Maiden of Virtue in Karazhan despite the same NPC model and incapacitate effects. The fight is a moving fight with heads up tactics needed.
She occasionally drops a big void zone (Storm of Grief) under herself and puts a magical debuff dealing shadow damage (Pillar of Woe). Everyone including the tank should move out of it to avoid the relatively significant damage incurred. On Heroic mode, the void zone does a lot more damage (as much as 5400 a tick on a plate wearer).
She also casts Shock of Sorrow, which deals 1750 to 2250 shadow damage, incapacitates all group members for 10 seconds. This ability has a 4 second cast time. If the healer is positioned near a void zone they can jump into it to avoid being incapacitated for the full duration. In the event this happens too quickly, PvP trinkets are able to clear the incapacitate. This is NOT an aggro dump. However, if someone clears Shock of Sorrow and the tank doesn't she will attack that person as an NPC's tendancy is to not break CC. If all members are incapacitated she will attack the person with the highest threat.
On normal, the best strategy seems to be to have the casters stand in the middle of the room as the tank keeps her moving in a continuous circle around the outside perimeter. Before she finishes casting Shock of Sorrow.
On heroic, kite the boss around the perimeter and interrupt casting of "Pillar of Woe". The tank can jump into the void zone to negate the 10-second incapacitation during the casting of "Shock of Sorrow".
- You shouldn't have come... now you will die!
- Killing a player
- Why must it be this way?
- You had it coming!
- My burden grows heavier.
- This is your own fault!
- So much lost time... that you'll never get back!
- I hope you all rot! I never... wanted... this.
- Interestingly the maidens weapon uses the same model as the Scepter of the Shifting Sands.
- The Maiden of Grief seems to have very unstable emotions, shifting unpredictably between anger and sadness, sometimes even in the same sentence. This is most notable during her death quote.
- Maiden of Grief is voiced by Kath Soucie.