- Maim is considered a stun and as such, shares diminishing returns with other stuns, such as . However, it does not share diminishing returns with .
- Maim produces a very distinctive noise.
Tips and tactics
- A four combo point Maim gives you enough time to heal yourself with a , or gives your energy enough time to regenerate for a . Also in 1 vs 1 you may have time to and again.
- A low combo point Maim is great for interrupting casts.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Damage increased by 75%.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 63 (was 72).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Total damage is now based solely on weapon damage.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now available only to Feral Druids.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Tooltip now specifies that the Interrupt effect only occurs on non-player targets.
- Hotfix (2009-06-08): "When immune to the stun of following abilities, Maim, , and will no longer cause player spells to be interrupted but they will still interrupt NPCs. Also, when these abilities do stun a player target, they will not perform an interrupt effect and lock out the affected magic school. As an example, if a Mage is channeling Arcane Missiles and is hit by Hammer of Justice, Blink will now be available as the Arcane school will not be locked out as it was before."
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Rank 2 of this ability is properly considered a stun and can be escaped by .
- Hotfix (2009-04-17): "Maim should no longer be removable with ."
- Hotfix (2009-04-16): "Rank 2 of maim should now correctly provide an interrupt effect."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): This ability is now considered a stun, and shares a diminish category with all other stuns. It no longer has a chance to break from the target taking damage.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Duration has been increased by 1 second. (3/4/5/6/7 seconds)