|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
|Title||<Stormwind City Guard>|
|Former affiliation(s)||Stormwind, Alliance, Stormwind City Guard|
|Location||Stormwind Keep, Stormwind City|
Major Samuelson is a human located in the throne room of Stormwind Keep, in the city of Stormwind. He is a member of the Stormwind City Guard, and was the mentor of Lieutenant Farren Orinelle. He served as captain of the guard until the events of the Cataclysm.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
Since the Cataclysm, Samuelson is revealed to have been secretly working for the Twilight's Hammer cult. His work is ultimately uncovered by Prince Anduin Wrynn and adventurers. When he is discovered, he lashes out and attacks King Varian, but Anduin shields his father using his mastery of the Light. Samuelson then channels dark powers and turns into a faceless one, but is overcome and slain by the adventurers and Royal Guards.
<The Major nods curtly.>
Upon being defeated:
- "Al'golath mal shal'nel... darkness consumes..."
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed, along with the majority of the questline.
- Hotfix (2012-09-20): "Major Samuelson should no longer despawn before a player who has attacked him can earn credit for killing him in the quest ""."
- Hotfix (2010-12-13): Major Samuelson grants kill credit to everyone on the quest that is nearby when he is unmasked. He also grants players who hit him during the fight quest credit for his kill, regardless of tap rights.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Position moved, Added new quests.