|Ingredients • • Quests • Techniques • Trainers • Glyphs • Economical Training|
With the removal of the old glyph system in Patch 7.0.3, a number of what were previously minor glyphs are now available as books and toys. They are all sold for 50 each or found as drops.
Glyphs mostly give convenient or cosmetic improvements, such as changing the visual effect of a spell, or give an additional effect. However, some have more substantial effects, improving or altering important abilities in a number of ways.
Minor glyphs mostly give convenient or cosmetic improvements, such as changing the visual effect of a spell, or granting a new ability that is purely for entertainment purposes. However, some have more substantial effects, improving or altering important abilities in a number of ways.
- Changes the graphics of a spell: ,
- Increases the effectiveness of a spell, but only in a minor way or with a trade-off:
- Grants a new ability: ,
Major glyphs feature spell changes that may increase the damage, or another feature of the spell. Some of these glyphs have trade-offs, for example increasing direct damage but removing a DoT effect of the spell.
Major glyphs were removed in patch 7.0.3.
Prime glyphs were effective in combat, and generally increased the healing or damage of an ability. They were generally the most potent and important of the glyphs.
- Increased the healing done by an ability: , .
- Increased the damage done by an ability: , .
- Added an additional effect to your ability: , .
Class Design & Balance Q&A | 2011-11-09 00:00 | Celestalon
To apply a glyph, a player use the glyph, which automatically opens the spellbook. The ability or spell related to the glyph will light up, allowing the glyph to be applied. Once a glyph has been applied, it will show with a purple arrow in the upper right corner.
Class glyphs lists
Lists of the glyphs available to each class can be found on their own pages:
|Death knight glyphs||Paladin glyphs|
|Demon hunter glyphs||Priest glyphs|
|Druid glyphs||Rogue glyphs|
|Hunter glyphs||Shaman glyphs|
|Mage glyphs||Warlock glyphs|
|Monk glyphs||Warrior glyphs|
Initially, there would be additional glyphs known as "ancient glyphs", added with the Path of the Titans system. When Path of the Titans was canceled, the glyph system was changed to three tiers - Major, Medium and Minor. In patch 4.0.1 this was changed to Prime, Major and Minor. Patch 5.0.4 removed Prime glyphs, and added many new Major and Minor glyphs.
The Glyphs tab in Patch 6.0.2
- Exclusive categories have been added for some glyphs. Other glyphs from the same category cannot be applied at the same time.
- Some glyphs are now exclusive to a specialization.
- All classes now learn some of their Major Glyphs as they level. Recipes for these Glyphs have been removed.
- ^ Mists of Pandaria 2012 Press Event: Full Monk Talents Revealed and More!. Wowhead (2012-03-19). Retrieved on 2012-03-19.