Make A Fighter Out of Me
88 (Requires 87)
Kill 4 Amani Skirmishers, 4 Gurubashi Hexxers, and 3 Drakkari Frost-Weavers in Zouchin Province.
Shhh! Don't speak so loudly! My father might hear you.
My father is delusional! He thinks I should be studying my tea pouring while our village is under attack. It's ridiculous! I have just as much courage as any man. I just don't know how to fight... yet.
That's where you come in. Let me travel with you! I'm a fast learner and I won't get in the way I promise!
If we get separated I'll meet you back in the village.
I'll show my father he's wrong about me!
I told you I was a fast learner! I will head back to the village to start training others. Thank you, <name>.
- 162000 XP
On accept, Shomi joins the party as she says:
- Shomi says: Alright! Let's get down to business!
Skirmishers are in town attacking the defenders, whereas the other two are out at the Vanguard.
First up, talk to Exhausted Defenders around the village border:
- I'll cover your post. Go rest and be with your family.
- I was starting to wonder how long I would be out here.
- Those Zandalari will regret attacking Zouchin!
- I'm grateful to you, friend.
- My poor old bones were starting to get stiff out here.
While making the rounds, keep an eye out for Volatile Blooms. They gather in handfuls of 7-11. Once the defenders have been relieved, go east down the path toward the Zandalari Vanguard. Kill trolls for blood-stained blades and so Shomi can see what it takes.
Aggroing a mob or randomly in combat:
- Shomi yells: That'll teach you to mess with my village!
- Shomi yells: So I stick it with the pointy end, right?
- Shomi yells: I can't be a figher! I can't be a fighter!
Shomi yells: Ok. Now I can fight!
- Shomi yells: Revenge is a dish served best by ME!
- Shomi yells: AHHH! It looked at me!
Random lines outside of combat:
- Shomi says: An adventurer like you has probably won many battles!
- Shomi says: If fighting is like dancing I'm in trouble. I'm bad at dancing.
- Shomi says: I'll show my father I have what it takes to be a great fighter.
On entering the Zandalari Vanguard
- Shomi says: These ruins are supposedly haunted. I don't believe in ghosts, though. Then again, I didn't believe in Zandalari, either.
- ShomI says: Thank you for your training, <name>! I hope to one day be as good a fighter as you!
Back at town, Shomi has gathered up a handful of Zouchin Villagers and is trying to teach them the basics:
- Shomi says: Your enemy will not show you mercy. Give him the same courtesy.
- Shomi says: Good form is the key to defeating your enemies. Don't swing wildly with your weapon. Be disciplined with your attacks.
- Shomi says: Do not expose your weaknesses.
- Shomi says: Confidence in your abilities will go a long way. Overconfidence will quickly get you killed.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.