Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- For biography and appearances, see Mal'Ganis.
|Location||Culling of Stratholme, Caverns of Time|
The destiny of Mal'Ganis has already been written. Arthas's hatred for the dreadlord will cause the prince to travel to Northrend and take up Frostmourne. But this will only happen if Mal'Ganis finds him worthy. To prove his worthiness and begin down his path to becoming the Lich King, Arthas must survive Mal'Ganis's onslaught.
Attacks and abilities
- Sleep — Mal'Ganis puts a player to sleep for up to 10 (8) sec. Any damage caused will awaken the player.
- Mind Blast — Mal'Ganis inflicts Shadow damage to random player.
- Vampiric Touch — Mal'Ganis' vampiric touch heals him for 50% of his damage done with melee attacks.
- Carrion Swarm — Mal'Ganis creates a wave of chaotic magic that splashes over players in front of him, inflicting Shadow damage and additional Shadow damage every 3 sec. for 15 sec.
Mal'Ganis will spawn when the party enters "Crusader Square" at the end of the instance. Arthas will aid the party in the encounter, but does not tank the boss and does not do any special abilities. Mal'Ganis is like Anetheron, with an AoE spell and a Sleep spell. The party should position themselves behind him and as spread out as possible to avoid taking too much damage from this when he targets any given player. Sleep should be dispelled all the time. If not, it is also possible to use PvP trinkets and other similar methods like .
When Mal'Ganis reaches 1% health, he escapes, breaking combat and disappearing after a little speech. The loot from the encounter is from a chest left behind. If the party wipes, Mal'Ganis despawns. Speak to Arthas to restart the encounter.
- Main article: Dark Runed Chest
- Are you ready to face Mal'Ganis with me?
I'm ready to battle the dreadlord, sire.
- Arthas says: Justice will be done.
- Arthas says: We're going to finish this right now Mal'Ganis. Just you and me.
- Mal'Ganis yells: This will be a fine test, Prince Arthas.
- Time out.
- You seem tired.
- Killing a player
- All too easy.
- The dark lord is displeased with your interference.
- It is Prince Arthas I want, not you.
- Mal'Ganis yells: Your journey has just begun, young prince. Gather your forces, and meet me in the arctic land of Northrend. It is there we shall settle the score between us. It is there that your true destiny will unfold.
- Arthas says: I'll hunt you to the ends of the earth if I have to. Do you hear me? TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH!
- Arthas says: You performed well this day. Anything that Mal'Ganis has left behind is yours. Take it as your reward. I must now begin plans for an expedition to Northrend.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.