Maleki the Pallid is a boss in Stratholme. Maleki is a mortal human adept at Frost and Shadow magic.
Maleki was among the first to join the Cult of the Damned, showing tremendous aptitude in harnessing the chill of the grave. Driven by an insatiable desire for power, the mage fervently hones his skills in dark magic to prepare for when he will be remade as a lich.
- Drain Life — Maleki the Pallid drains life from his current target, inflicting Shadow damage every second for 5 sec and healing himself for the amount of damage inflicted.
- Frost Armor — Maleki the Pallid encases himself in a layer of Frost that increases armor, slows melee attackers' movement speed by 30% and increases the time between their attacks by 20%.
- Ice Tomb — Maleki the Pallid entombs his current target in ice, stunning them for 6 sec.
- Frostbolt — Maleki the Pallid inflicts Frost damage to his current target, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 4 sec.
Maleki the Pallid is the easiest of the three Ziggurat bosses. He's a caster, so he dies pretty quickly. He’ll cast Frost Bolt and Frost Nova throughout the fight, but neither are very powerful. He casts a very nasty life drain at the primary aggro target on occasion though, this needs to be healed through or interrupted. The aim is to kill him and then destroy the Ash'ari crystal.
This article or section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by lore or by Blizzard officials. It should not be taken as representing official lore.
It's possible that Maleki is the leader of the Thuzadin, a sect of the Cult of the Damned named after Kel'Thuzad.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 61 to 51.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Maleki the Pallid will now always drop at least one Rare item.