Malfurion's Vision (WC3 NightElf)
At that moment, deep within Silverpine Forest, Malfurion attempts to commune with the spirits of the wild.
In this interlude, Malfurion Stormrage heads deeper into Silverpine Forest and tries to commune the spirits of this forest to reveal the truth about Illidan's plans. The spirits give him visions revealing that Illidan is using the Eye of Sargeras to attempt to tear Northrend apart.
- Malfurion enters a large glade and looks around.
- Malfurion Stormrage: This forest has suffered as much as Ashenvale. The vile blight of the Scourge has deadened countless acres of trees. If only the druids could--
- The earth begin to shake, and Malfurion falls to his knees.
- Malfurion Stormrage: Aaarrrggh! The earth... is being... torn apart. The pain is... excruciating!
- Malfurion begins to summon spirits.
- Malfurion Stormrage: Ancient spirits of the forest, I implore you, show me what is hidden from my sight! Show me what troubles this earth.
- The spirits of the forest surround Malfurion. We see Northrend slowly breaking apart.
- Malfurion Stormrage: I see the frozen land of Northrend, the very roof of the world. The land itself is being split asunder!
- Malfurion Stormrage: How can this be? What could cause such devastation?
- The spirits grant Malfurion another vision. Now, we see the ruins of Dalaran as Illidan Stormrage, surrounded by Naga Sea Witches, wields the Eye of Sargeras.
- Illidan Stormrage: It's working! Nothing can withstand the power of the Eye! Soon now, my master's enemies will be undone, and I will claim my just reward.
- Malfurion's vision ends.
- Malfurion Stormrage: Thank you, great spirits. I know what must be done. I promise you--this treachery will not go unpunished!
- The spirits disperse back into the woods. Malfurion departs from the glade.