|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- "Mana saber" redirects here. For the mob, see Mana Saber.
Manasabers, also spelled Mana sabers, are a type of saber cat on the Broken Isles, mainly Suramar, that have been altered by the nightborne or by ley-line exposure. They are purple and covered with runes. They are usually the favored mounts and animal companions of the nightborne. Mana sabers are used during Quest:Ley Race to follow ley lines.
As a mount
- Main article: Saber mounts
- Curious Manasaber (temporarily)
As a companion pet
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Spirit beast#As a Hunter pet
Most manasabers qualify as spirit beasts. Nightborne hunters start with a manasaber that counts as a cat. It is the only way to have a manasaber pet in the Marksmanship and Survival specializations, since spirit beasts are only tamable by Beast Mastery.
- Melee range
- Instant cast
- Puncture an enemy, causing their energy to leak out and reduce damage done by 10% for 4 sec. The enemy suffers Arcane damage every 2 sec. while afflicted.
It is currently not known whether mana sabers are dependent on external sources of mana like the nightborne are. If they are, they do not show any ability to drain mana in the game. It is possible that mana sabers in the wild can only be sustained through passive ley-line exposure. It is also possible that they 'puncture and leak energy' from their targets to feed on.