Mannoroth and Varo'then
|Race(s)||Annihilan & night elf|
|Location||Shores of the Well, Well of Eternity|
Mannoroth and Varo'then are the last bosses encountered in the Well of Eternity.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Strategy
- 4 Loot
- 5 Related Achievements
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Patches and hotfixes
- 8 External links
Varo'then, head of Queen Azshara's personal guard, and Mannoroth, the pit lord whose blood will corrupt the entire orc race, stand as the last line of defense against those hoping to bar Sargeras's entry into Azeroth. Though both Tyrande and Illidan have fought bravely thus far, the fate of Azeroth will be decided at the Well of Eternity's very brink.
Stage One: Dealing with the Rabble
Players must defeat Captain Varo'then while Illidan and Tyrande fight off Mannoroth and the demonic forces entering from the Well of Eternity.
- Mannoroth — Mannoroth faces off in mortal combat against Illidan Stormrage.
- Fel Firestorm — Mannoroth unleashes a Fel Firestorm, rapidly creating 3 yard radius Fel Flames around the area for 12 sec. Fel Flames inflicts 19500 to 20500 Fire damage every second to any player standing within them.
- Felblade — Mannoroth coats his mighty polearm in demonic fire, gaining a chance to deal 55000 to 64000 additional Fire damage when striking opponents in melee.
- Fel Drain — If the players inflict a significant amount of damage to Mannoroth while Captain Vaor'then lives, Mannoroth sacrifices Captain Varo'then and heals himself to full health.
- Doomguard Devastator — These massive demons from the Well of Eternity seek to protect Mannoroth, but Tyrande stands in their way.
- Dreadlord Debilitator — These Dread Lords periodically enter from the Well of Eternity, then attempts to debilitate Tyrande.
- Debilitating Flay — The Debilitating Dreadlord disables Tyrande, preventing her from performing any actions and allowing Doomguards to swarm the area.
- Captain Varo'then — Captain Varo'then attacks the players to prevent them from interfering with Mannoroth's concentration.
- Magistrike — Varo'then charges his sword with Arcane and Fire magics, dealing 27750 to 32250 Fire damage to an enemy and arcing to another nearby foe. Affects up to 3 total targets.
- Illidan Stormrage — Illidan occupies Mannoroth in melee combat so the players are free to defeat Captain Varo'then.
- Darklance — Illidan conjures forth a spear of dark magical energy, piercing Mannoroth for 27975 to 32025 Shadow damage.
- Aura of Immolation — Illidan shrouds himself in magical flames, inflicting 20000 Fire damage to nearby enemies every 3 seconds.
- Demon Rush — Illidan charges at Mannoroth, coursing with Fel energies and inflicting 100% weapon damage to him.
- Demonic Sight — The Gift of Sargeras gives Illidan sight beyond sight, allowing him to dodge 90% of Mannoroth's attacks.
- Taunt — Illidan goads Mannoroth into focusing attacks on him.
- Tyrande Whisperwind — Tyrande positions herself to intercept the rush of Doomguard Devastators exiting from the Well of Eternity with Lunar Shot.
- Lunar Shot — Tyrande holds off the demons exiting from the Well of Eternity with her Lunar Shot.
- Blessing of Elune — When a Dreadlord Debilitator casts Debilitating Flay upon her, Tyrande beseeches Elune for her blessing. This blessing affects all nearby allies, enchanting their attacks and spells to inflict additional Arcane damage to lesser demons.
Stage Two: Flames and Darkness
After the players defeat Captain Varo'then, his enchanted Magistrike Blade lies on the ground. After a player throws and embeds the blade into Mannoroth, the demon begins to take massive damage from the stored magic within the blade.
- Mannoroth — The wounded Mannoroth continues to fight, opening a Nether Portal to bring demonic allies into the fray.
- Embedded Blade — Players may pick up Captain Varo'then's magical elven blade and throw it towards Mannoroth. The blade embeds itself into Mannoroth's demonic armor. The magical blade then causes strikes against Mannoroth to have a change to create a Magistrike Arc inflicting 1000000 Fire damage to Mannoroth.
- Fel Fire Nova — Emitting a steady pulse of Fel fire, dealing 27750 to 32250 Fire damage to enemies around Mannoroth.
- Nether Tear — Mannoroth rips open a massive portal to the Twisting Nether, allowing demonic forces to flood the area.
- Nether Portal — Mannoroth summons a portal to the Twisting Nether, allowing him to call forth demonic allies. As his remaining health dwindles, additional types of demons exit through the portal.
- Felhound — At 85% remaining health, Mannoroth summons a weak felhound to aid him in combat from the Nether Portal.
- Felguard — At 70% remaining health, Mannoroth also summons a Felguard from the Nether Portal to aid him in combat.
- Doomguard Devastator — At 60% remaining health, additional Doomguard Devastators begin to pour from the Nether Portal.
- Infernal — At 50% remaining health, Mannoroth calls down a hail of Infernals to aid him in combat.
- Illidan Stormrage — Illidan continues to fight Mannoroth with his host of Demon Hunter abilities.
- Tyrande Whisperwind — Tyrande runs out of arrows and beseeches Elune for help against the overwhelming number of demons.
- Hand of Elune — Tyrande is granted the full powers of the High Priestess of Elune, inflicting 27750 to 32250 Arcane damage to three nearby lesser demons every 3 seconds.
Stage Three: Your World will be Unmade!
- Mannoroth — Even heavily wounded Mannoroth continues to fight for his lord Sargeras.
- Embedded Blade — The embdedded magical blade causes strikes against Mannoroth to have a chance to create a Magistrike Arc, inflicting 1000000 Fire damage to Mannoroth.
- Illidan Stormrage — Illidan infuses himself with demonic energy to finish the fight.
- Gift of Sargeras — Illidan infuses himself and nearby allies with the fel energies of the demon lord Sargeras, healing for 20% of maximum health every 2 seconds and dealing 30000 Fire damage to nearby enemies every 2 seconds.
- Tyrande Whisperwind — Tyrande unleashes a massive blast of Arcane energy to destroy any nearby lesser demons, then collapses.
- Elune's Wrath — Tyrande unleashes a blast of Arcane energy to destroy any nearby lesser demons.
Utilizing the powers of nature bestowed upon him by the demigod Cenarius, Malfurion Stormrage focuses the will of the living creatures of Azeroth upon the demonic portal hovering over the Well of Eternity. When Mannoroth reaches 25% remaining health, Malfurion casts a spell to cause the portal to violently implode and pull the demonic legions out of Azeroth.
Let Illidan tank Mannoroth.
The players should engage Varo'then. The Magistrike appears as red chain lightning. The chain range appears to be quite large, so spreading out is futile. During Fel Firestorm the players can either run out of fire (like the Argaloth encounter in Baradin Hold) or group up near Illidan to take advantage of his Waters of Eternity aura.
The Doomguard Devastators are of no concern most of the time because Tyrande is 1-shotting them.
Two Dreadlord Debilitators come through the portal and incapacitate Tyrande. Players should move into the moon beam that appears on Tyrande for a massive damage buff. Ranged should burn down the Dreadlord Debilitators to rescue Tyrande while the melee mow down the lesser demons.
Once the party has defeated Varo'then his sword drops and becomes clickable. A party member should click it, which throws it at Mannoroth, embedding it in him, causing hits on him to sometimes inflict Magistrike.
Attack Mannoroth. As long as Tyrande is 1-shotting demons DPS don't need to care about them. If demons do start attacking the healer, bring them to the tank so she can AoE and aggro them.
Illidan casts Gift of Sargeras, buffing himself and the party, making it quicker to defeat Mannoroth. It is not yet clear if this is triggered by time or by boss health.
- Mannoroth yells: Varo'then, see that I am not disrupted by this rabble.
- Captain Varo'then yells: Highguard, to arms! For your Queen! For Azshara!
- Captain Varo'then says: For you, Azshara!
- Mannoroth yells: Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!
- Demons enter the fight
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: I will handle the demons. Elune, guide my arrows!
- Summons Dreadlord Debilitators
- Mannoroth yells: [Demonic] Amanare maev il azgalada zila ashj ashj zila enkil!
- Tyrande overwhelmed
- Tyrande Whisperwind yells: Light of Elune, save me!
- Tyrande is overwhelmed! Use the Blessing of Elune to drive the demons back!
- Tyrande relieved
- Tyrande can hold her own once again!
- Tyrande Whisperwind yells: I will hold them back for now!
- Killing a player
- Captain Varo'then yells: None may cross the queen!
- Captain Varo'then yells: A deserved death!
- Captain Varo'then yells: In Azshara's name!
- Mannoroth yells: Fall and die before me!
- Mannoroth yells: Squirm...Scream. Hahahaha!
- Mannoroth yells: Useless!
- Varo'then dies
- Captain Varo'then says: Lights of lights! I have failed you. I am sorry, my Azshara...
- Varo'then's magical sword falls to the ground!
- Varo'then's Sword used
- Mannoroth yells: Rrraaaghhh!
- Illidan Stormrage yells: The sword has pierced his infernal armor! Strike him down!
- Phase 2
- Mannoroth yells: Lord Sargeras, I will not fail you! Sweep your molten fist through this world so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!
- A massive demonic portal opens nearby!
- Illidan Stormrage yells: He is still connected to the well somehow! Focus your attacks on Mannoroth, we must disrupt his concentration!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Illidan, I am out of arrows! Moon goddess, protect us from the darkness, that we may see your light again another night!
- Tyrande is imbued with the shining light of the Moon Goddess!
- Phase 3
- Mannoroth yells: Yes... yes! I can feel his burning eyes upon me, he is close...so close. And then your world will be unmade, your lives as nothing!
- Infernals rain from the sky!
- Tyrande Whisperwind yells: There are too many of them!
- Tyrande collapses! The Light of Elune winks out!
- Illidan Stormrage yells: You are not the sole wielder of Sargeras' power, Mannoroth! Behold!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Illidan... you mustn't!
- Illidan Stormrage yells: I will be the savior of our people! I WILL FULFILL MY DESTINY!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: No! Illidan!
- Illidan transforms into a dark, twisted version of himself, before passing a powerful buff to the group.
- Illidan Stormrage yells: [Demonic] Revos ill ok mordanas archim maz naztheros! Archim xi ante maz-re mishun le nagas!
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Malfurion, he has done it! The portal is collapsing!
- Mannoroth is slowly sucked towards the Well, and, in turn, towards a presumably angry Sargeras.
- Mannoroth yells: No... no! This victory will not be ripped from my grasp! I will not return to him in failure! I will not be torn from this pitiful world! No... NOOOOOOOO!!
- Illidan Stormrage yells: The artifact!
- Nozdormu yells: The Dragon Soul is safe once again. Quickly, into the time portal before this world sunders!
- Malfurion appears and approaches Tyrande.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: Malfurion...
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Hush, Tyrande. Where is Illidan?
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: By the very edge...
- Malfurion runs over to see Illidan standing at the edge of the Well, observing the magics twisting and distorting within.
- Illidan Stormrage says: Brother, a timely arrival...
- Malfurion Stormrage yells: Illidan! The well is out of control!
- Illidan Stormrage says: Aye. It's been twisted and turned by too many spells. The fuss we - especially you - made with the portal was too much! The same spell that sent the Burning Legion back to their foul realm now works on the well! It's devouring itself and taking its surroundings with it! Fascinating, isn't it?
- Malfurion Stormrage says: Not if we're caught up in it! Why weren't you running! What have you been doing with your hand in the Well?
- Illidan Stormrage says: If you've a way out of here, we should probably use it! I've tried casting myself and Tyrande out of here, but the well is too much in flux!
- Malfurion Stormrage yells: This way!
- Malfurion leads Illidan away from the Well.
- Tyrande Whisperwind says: I do not know who you are, but I thank you. Without your aid, our world would be... I do not wish to think about it. Moon goddess light your path.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2011-12-02): "During the Mannoroth encounter in the Well of Eternity, players who drop combat via abilities like Vanish and Invisibility should no longer lose the Gift of Sargeras buff."
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.