Mantid Under Fire
90 (Requires 90)
+100 Golden Lotus
Use a Shado-Pan Hot Oil Bucket to kill 80 mantid near the Gate of the Setting Sun.
- Krik'thik Hiveling slain x80
The mantid are attacking again, and we're a bit short-handed up on the wall. In hopes that you'd help, I saved one of the more fun posts for you: the hot oil!
It's a bit more violent and a bit less scandalous than it sounds.
It's simple really. Get up on the wall, find one of the oil stations, and dump it on any of the mantid pouring up against the wall. It's very effective.
The hard part is the cleanup. Fortunately, you're not responsible for that.
You've done devastating damage to the mantid forces. The wall defenders should be able to get things under control.
- 236,000 XP
- +100 reputation with Golden Lotus
Fly to the Dread Wastes-side of the Gate of the Setting Sun. Flanking the gate itself are two towers with Hot Oil Cauldrons on the crenellations. Interact with one to control it:
- Ignitable Oil Bucket 150 yd range — Cover mantid in ignitable oil, preparing them to be burned alive. Instant. (1 sec cooldown)
- Ignite Oil 150 yd range — Ignite mantid covered in ignitable oil, dealing high Fire damage over 12 seconds and spreading fire to other nearby ignitable mantid. Instant (8 sec cooldown)
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.