Map & Quest Log
The Map & Quest Log interface contains the World Maps and the Quest Log. The interface can be opened with the default keybinds L or M.
- Any area of the map your character has discovered will appear with details (buildings, cave entrances, etc).
- Your character: Your character will appear on the map at the location as a grey arrow, pointing at your direction.
- Party members: If your character is in a party, any party members will appear on the map at the location as a dot, colored in that party member's class color.
Map UI redesigned
Patch 4.2.0 introduced a new animation when opening the world map, however, opening the map now cancels any other action in progress such as fishing.
- Main article: Quest Log
The Quest Log is found on the right-hand side of the interface, listing the status and details of all currently active quests the character has not completed, or completed but not turned in.
Prior to Battle for Azeroth
During Warlords of Draenor
- World Map MoP.jpg
During Mists of Pandaria
During Wrath of the Lich King
Note: This list is extremely incomplete.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- The Quest Log has been integrated into the World Map to make it easier to know where to go and what to do. Renamed from World Map to Map & Quest Log.
- Undocumented change: The UI automatically turns transparent when the player moves with it open.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Opening the map now generates a ping visual effect at the location of the character arrow, helping players to quickly find their location on the map. The character arrow is also no longer hidden behind quest icons.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Levels are displayed in the difficulty color, if you hold your cursor on the zone to be inspected.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Opening a map now causes the character to open their own map.