|Character class||Death knight|
Marduk Blackpool, also known as Marduk the Black, was an infamous death knight of the Scourge. He was perhaps most notable for his involvement in the Battle of Darrowshire during the Third War, where he sealed the humans' defeat by corrupting the spirit of . Some time thereafter, Marduk retreated to Scholomance, where he served as a tutor until he was finally slain by a group of adventurers.
Marduk Blackpool was a brutal warlord of the Scourge. Amongst his many campaigns against the humans of Lordaeron during the Third War, he cut a swath through their forces at the Battle of Darrowshire, causing great death and suffering with his foul, rune laden sword. He corrupted the spirit of , transforming him into . With the aid of Redpath's twisted spirit, the Scourge forces overran the town and killed all of its inhabitants.
Marduk survived the war, causing great death and suffering with his foul, rune-laden sword. Although the death knight continued serving the Scourge, his sword was lost in a battle near Corin's Crossing. A dwarf captain shattered the sword on his enchanted shield, forcing Marduk to flee the field and winning the day for the Alliance. Marduk's sword sank into the earth and corrupted it, eating a gorge into the land, now known as the Infectis Scar.
Some time thereafter, Marduk became a tutor in Scholomance. He was a partner of , who researched corrupted dragon eggs in the hopes of creating a plagued dragonflight for their use. He was eventually killed by adventurers.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Scholomance (original)||41 Elite||19,020|
AbilitiesThe subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Cleave - Inflicts 110% of weapon damage to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 3 targets.
- Defiling Aura - Surrounds the caster with an aura that periodically reduces the Shadow resistance of nearby enemies by 100. The aura lasts until cancelled.
- Shadow Bolt Volley - Hurls missiles of dark magic, inflicting Shadow damage to nearby enemies.
- Shadow Shield - Surrounds the caster with a shield woven of Shadow magic. The shield lasts 30 sec. and absorbs damage.
Fighting MardukThe subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
Marduk Blackpool and in turn his partner can be fought like any normal boss in Scholomance. Unlike the other bosses, both of them and the students in the room are neutral and allow adventurers to enter and leave freely without incident. There are two ways to kill Marduk, the first way involves killing all the students in the room as they are, before killing him. Unfortunately, the students in their normal form are very tough. They hit hard and have a very large health pool making them annoying to bring down. However if all the students are killed, players can then attack Marduk and Vectus with little difficulty.
The second way is by using which is a powerful, though experimental device provided by a quest or talking to the quest giver after completion and asking for an additional device. This device when used, turns all the students in the room into hostile skeletons with a much smaller health pool, allowing them to be taken down very quickly.
Attacking Vectus and Marduk without killing the students is NOT recommended, as every student will attack the party. This even at higher levels is not recommended.
When killed both Marduk and Vectus have a chance to drop a blue item, along with a Corruptor's Scourgestone.
QuotesThe subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Your future is clouded. Concentrate, and ask again.
- You don't look like a student...
- Your mind is unfocused. Are you hiding something from me?
- I sense a disturbance, lurking around you...
During Alexi's Gambit
- Marduk Blackpool says: Master Vectus, I sense something strange within this container...
- Marduk Blackpool says: We are betrayed!
LootThe subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- "Marduk" is also a name of an ancient Mesopotamian deity.
- Another theory is that his name and position as a teacher refer to Neon Genesis Evangelion, where the Marduk Institute was in charge of choosing and training the "Children" that would control the EVAs.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed from Scholomance.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 58 to 41.