|Title||<Knights of the Ebon Blade>|
|Character class||Death knight|
|Affiliation(s)||Knights of the Ebon Blade|
Margrave Dhakar is a human death knight of the Knights of the Ebon Blade. He is first found at the Fleshwerks in Icecrown, having been dispatched from the Shadow Vault with some reinforcements to kill the flesh giant .
During the Burning Legion's third invasion of Azeroth, Margrave led a group of Ebon Blade to kill on Niskara, but the attempt failed and most of the knights were killed while Margrave himself and his protege, or , were captured. Thus, a death knight adventurer and were dispatched by the to succeed where Margrave failed, rescuing Dagnar or Minerva and fighting their way to Gorelix's citadel. Just as the three knights reached Margrave, however, Gorelix appeared and killed Margrave with a single blow from his axe, the . After killing Gorelix, Dagnar or Minerva paused for a moment to pay their respects to Margrave before leaving with the adventurer and Sliver through the baron's .
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Niskara||100 - 110||200,559|
When spoken to:
- The Fleshwerks will never again produce soldiers for the Lich King's armies.
- Let's kill this... thing... and get this over with.
- Knights of the Ebon Blade, prepare for battle!
- Stage 4
- Gorelix the Fleshripper yells: What is this? More foolish mortals infesting my realm? You've come a long way just to die.
- yells: Knights! Escape while you can! This demon is too strong to...
- Gorelix the Fleshripper yells: Silence, or I shall drain your blood next!
- Stage 8
- What are you doing? Run, you fools! The demon is near!
- Margrave is the only death knight in World of Warcraft so far to have a unique red runeblade.
- In real life, margrave is a German title of nobility, translating into French and English as marquis, ranking between a count and a duke. In Dhakar's case, however, Margrave appears to simply be his first name, rather than a title, possibly as a pun on "grave".
- Margrave is voiced by Matthew Yang King in Legion.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.