|Title||<Baron of Gadgetzan>|
|Affiliation(s)||Gadgetzan, The Uncrowned, Steamwheedle Cartel|
|Occupation||Ruler of Gadgetzan, alchemist, Champion of the Uncrowned, Leader of the Steamwheedle Cartel|
Marin Noggenfogger is the creator of the famous and, ever since the Cataclysm, the baron of the goblin city of Gadgetzan in Tanaris. He is married to Sprinkle, whom he previously considered a mere friend. He is also a leader of the Steamwheedle Cartel and is quite possibly the world's greatest alchemist. During the third invasion of the Burning Legion, he joined the Uncrowned to give his expertise in poisons and alchemy.
TravelerThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels, novellas, or short stories.
|This section is a lore stub.|
LegionThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Marin led the defense of Gadgetzan during the Legion Invasions, driving a massive shredder with twin flamethrowers against the Burning Legion attackers. After each invasion was successfully repelled, he offered "slightly discounted Noggenfogger Elixirs all around!"
Following the tragic Battle for Broken Shore, Marin revealed himself to be a part of the Uncrowned. During the class order campaign, he is found in the Hall of Shadows managing the Crucible of the Uncrowned. It appears Marin is the only person who truly knows how to work the venomous injections of the crucible into the Shadow's artifacts and is thus a very valuable asset, though he uses this position for his own gain.
In addition to aiding the Shadow on their quest to fight the Legion, Marin also asks for their help on a monkey-making venture: Stealing a powerful genuine love potion from the vault of Trade Prince Gallywix. Marin thanks the adventurer and serves them as a champion.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Hall of Shadows||98 - 110||10,392,670|
QuestsThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion. The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
Once his quest chain was completed, he would sell Noggenfogger Elixirs.
QuotesThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- Can't you see I'm busy here?
- Talk to me.
- Time is money, friend!
- What's up?
- Yeah, ho-ho! Very funny! *fake laughter*
- I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!
- I don't have to take this. I AM THE BARON OF GADGETZAN!
- Maybe you'd prefer if some of my goons roughed ya up a bit, huh?
- Okay, that's it. I'm putting a contract out on your head. "Clicky McClickster" here sleeps with the fishes.
- All's fair in love and business!
- He he, glad I could help.
- Hey, you scratch my back, I'll pay someone to scratch yours.
- Hurry back!
- Keep it real!
GadgetzanThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
When spoken to:
- On behalf of the illustrious and still neutral Steamwheedle Cartel, I hope you enjoy your stay.
- Remember, everyone is welcome in Gadgetzan! Everyone except pirates.
When spoken to if the character has completed Marin's pre-patch 4.0.3a quests:
- Welcome back, friend! If feels like it's been years since you helped me whip up my first Noggenfogger Elixir.
- Now I'm running the whole city! Those things still sell like crazy.
- says: The paperwork's ready for you to sign, Marin. My people are just waiting on your decision.
- says: Gosh, Mr. Noggenfogger, I know you wouldn't want to damage your reputation as a neutral trade entity by forming closer ties to the Horde!
- Megs Dreadshredder says: This is laughable. You know what it's like trying to do business with gnomes.
- Kelsey Steelspark says: Oh, oh, I know this one! It's better than doing business with failed goblins that had to beg others for help!
- Megs Dreadshredder says: Why you little irradiated...
- Marin Noggenfogger yells: AGH! Enough! You two are driving me INSANE! Start getting some freakin' work done around here or get the heck out of my town!
Hall of ShadowsThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- Look, <name>. I'll level with ya... Without your thieving prowess I'd be a much poorer goblin than I am today. I think we should keep this gold-en partnership going! You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Together, we'll put an end to this Burning Legion invasion and line our pockets with all the wealth in Azeroth!
OriginalThe subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- Living out there in the desert is rough! I get so thirsty standing outside in this heat.
- During , you can threaten or pay him in order to be allowed to use the Crucible. later confirms that he was, in fact, threatened.
- After completing most of the quests in Tanaris, Marin will vanish from Gadgetzan. It's unknown why he does this or where he went to.
- Noggenfogger appears as a legendary card in the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion for Hearthstone. His card ability causes all targets to be chosen randomly, which is reflected by his flavor text: "This flavor text was randomly generated. If it happens to form words and make sense, that is purely by chance."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Model updated.