Mark of the Wild
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
|Mark of the Wild|
Tips and tactics
- It can be cast on any friendly target, including many NPCs.
- It does not stack with , , or .
- Because of its long duration, it is standard practice for druids to keep this spell up onto themselves and all party members while in a group.
- If you have mana to spare while soloing, any nearby friendly player will appreciate and benefit from this ability. Casting it on a priest will encourage the priest to cast on you in return. Likewise, mages will often return the favor with / (more useful if you are specced into Balance or Restoration), monks with respectively, and paladins with .
According to the non-canon RPG, Mark of the Wild is a druidic spell shared by druids, hunters, and elven rangers. By channeling the wild into a willing receptacle a caster can fill an ally with the feral grace and swiftness of the dire beasts of the Emerald Dream. Druids know two related druid-only spells called Greater Mark of the Wild, and Lesser Mark of the Wild.
- Mark of the Wild is a basic Druid spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Not to be confused with Jim of the Wild."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now also increases Versatility by 3%.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Mana cost reduced to 5%, down from 10%.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now costs 55% less mana.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer increases Stamina and resistances. Mana cost increased from 14% to 22%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Mark of the Wild no longer increases armor and spirit. Length increased from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Mana cost reduced from 24% to 14% of base mana. If player is in a group or raid and it is cast in a group/raid member, it will affect all members. Group version has been removed. Associated talent has been removed.
No longer castable on pets.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The buff will be stored in a Consolidation Box when received.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Can now be cast while in Moonkin form.
- Patch 1.1.1 (2004-11-17): Reagent requirements have been removed.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Ranks 5, 6, and 7 now require reagents.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Mana cost and resistance increased.
- Heroes of Azeroth TCG Card
- Class Starter 2010 TCG Card
- Class Starter 2011: Horde Druid TCG Card
- Class Starter 2011: Alliance Druid TCG Card