||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- For the hunter artifact trait, see [Marked for Death]. For the rogue talent, see [Marked for Death].
- Marked for Death (2 ranks)
- Marksmanship, Tier 6
- Your Arcane Shot and Chimera Shot have a 50/100% chance to automatically apply the Marked for Death effect.
Marked for Death is the same as Hunter's Mark, but undispellable, does not restrict stealth or invisibility and lasts 15 sec.
Marked for Death is a talent in the Marksmanship tree, you will need to spend 27 points in Marksmanship to max it.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Hotfix (2011-04-27): "Marked for Death is now applied properly to the target of Arcane Shot or Chimera Shot, allowing for focus macros (i.e. /cast [@focus] Chimera Shot) to apply Marked for Death to the focused target and not the primary target."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Redesigned. Now makes your Arcane Shot and Chimera Shot have a chance to apply the Marked of Death effect.
- Previously increased damage done by the hunter's shots and special abilities, and increased critical strike damage bonus of Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Kill Shot and Chimera Shot.