|Location||Tainted Forest, Blasted Lands|
Marl Wormthorn is responsible for what the Tainted Scar is today, the Tainted Forest. In an attempt to reclaim the land and bring it back to its former, greener self, Wormthorn created the giant tree, Maldraz, with his immense power. From underneath its trunk, he entered a druidic trance and began to bring life back to the Tainted Scar. For a time, the land grew lush again, but the residual demonic powers left on the land began to take their toll. While Wormthorn's attention was drawn to fighting back the demonic taint in the Scar, the nathrezim who had formerly resided there took the opportunity to infiltrate Madraz. Once inside, nathrezim defilers corrupted Wormthorn's trance, making him lose his mind in the process. Now a shell of his former self, Marl Wormthorn's trapped body works as a weapon for the very demons he tried to wrest the Tainted Scar from.
He was finally killed to prevent the Tainted Forest he had created from endangering the lives of others by the adventurers. It is said that his madness empowered the .
- Entangling Roots — Entangles an enemy in roots, inflicting Nature damage every 3 sec. and immobilizing it for up to 4 sec.
- Mark of the Wild — Increases the friendly target's Strength, Agility, and Intellect by 5% for 1 hour. If target is in your party or raid, all party and raid members will be affected.
- Marl's Shield — Protects Marl Wormthorn.
- Regrowth — Heals an ally for a fixed amount, then heals additional damage every 3 sec. for 21 sec.
- Rejuvenation — Heals an ally every 3 sec. for 12 sec.
- Wrath — Causes Nature damage to the target.
- Marl Wormthorn yells: What are you doing? You threaten my work! The Tainted Scar's revival is all thanks to me!
- Marl Wormthorn yells: I only wanted to... do something... good...
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.