Marvon Rivetseeker is a level 40 goblin located at the Broken Pillar in the contested territory of Tanaris. He studies the ancient areas of the world, and his workshop is located in the goblin town of Ratchet. He recently left the workshop in hands of his assistant and set off on an expedition in Tanaris, and was last seen heading south from Gadgetzan. Marvon's work on the pillar later became a subject of studies for archaeologists. He and Larion are friends.
During the Burning Legion's invasion, the area is under assault from the Legion and Marvon was rescued by the adventurers.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- An old friend of mine named Fronkle was supposed to be heading in to Gadgetzan, but him and the rest of the Bilgewater crew manning the ship never arrived. I've heard rumors of a crazy goblin that hangs out near a downed flying machine in the far south, could it be...?
- I don't know much about dragons, but a big, scary one showed up one day just over yonder, near the entrance to the Caverns of Time. He kept yelling something about...what was it...the end of time as we know it? I wasn't really paying much attention.
- I saw the Wastewander and their leader, Caliph Scorpidsting, heading south of here. Watch out, they look like they've toughened up some!
- When the Cataclysm happened, the links bounding elementals across Azeroth weakened significantly. One such elemental, Aquementas, is no longer imprisoned. I hear he's causing some major problems for the Southsea gang!
- Have you seen those huge dirt mounds moving around beneath the dunes? They belong to a species of tunneling worm the likes of which Azeroth has never seen! I'm sure that battling one would be a great learning experience for a seasoned adventurer such as yourself.
- More Gahz'ridian? Why would you think I would want any MORE of those infernal things? I'm stuck with about nine thousand, and they're not selling! Why did I ever think anyone would want a statue of an overgrown snake? Pah!
- I saw the biggest bug you've ever seen wandering around one of those Silithid hives. Or maybe it was both of them. I think the heat's getting to me...do you see that sand kitten over there?
I know, I know, I'm out here in the middle of nowhere!
My home is actually in Ratchet, but after crashing my zeppelin here, I thought I might as well start the research I came here to do!
His model before 4.0.3a.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Model updated.