Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
- This article is about how to defeat Marwyn in the Halls of Reflection. For Marwyn's character biography, see Marwyn.
|Level||72 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Sword's Rest, Halls of Reflection|
Marwyn is the second boss of the Halls of Reflection, guarding the way to the Lich King's throne room. Once one of Arthas' lieutenants, he and his friend Falric turned to the Scourge when their prince took up Frostmourne, and now guard the way to his inner sanctum.
Marwyn becomes active on the tenth and final wave of the gauntlet of ghosts spawned to block intruders (which are also based on Human units from Warcraft III), and must be defeated in order to proceed to the Shadow Throne.
Marwyn had known Arthas all his life and saw him not just as his prince, but as a true friend. As Arthas sailed to Northrend, the knight followed him without hesitation. Though his friend would later plunge a cursed runeblade through his heart, Marwyn still felt it break upon seeing what the prince had become.
Arthas' most trusted captains during the Third War, Falric and Marwyn, were dragged into damnation with the prince, and the two played a large part in the destruction of Lordaeron. Now among the foremost of the Lich King's death knights, they serve as staunch defenders of their master's private chambers.
- Obliterate — Marwyn brutally strikes a player, inflicting Physical damage.
- Well of Corruption — Marwyn corrupts the ground, afflicting all players within the corruption with Corrupted Touch. This effect increases Shadow damage taken by 30% for 10 sec. and stacks up to 4 times.
- Corrupted Flesh — Marwyn corrupts the flesh of nearby players, reducing their maximum health by 25% for 8 sec.
After defeating Falric, Marwyn will begin by unleashing four waves of adds, a random assortment of the following mobs, in increasing numbers each wave:
- Ghostly Priest - casts Shadow Word: Pain, Circle of Destruction, Cower in Fear and Dark Mending.
- Phantom Mage - casts Fireball, Frostbolt, Chains of Ice and Flamestrike. Summons Phantom Hallucinations.
- Phantom Hallucination - same spells as the Phantom Mage. Summoned with the same amount of health. Explodes when killed.
- Shadowy Mercenary - Rogue that inflicts Deadly Poison and also throws poisoned daggers. Can also Kidney Shot.
- Spectral Footman - Warrior who can shield bash and enrage.
- Tortured Rifleman - Hunter that can shoot normal projectiles, Ice Shots or Cursed Arrows, and sets Frost Traps.
The trash proximity aggro on whoever is closest when the mobs become active. Thus, the easiest way to handle the waves is to stand in the entrance hallway or the alcoves with Marwyn with the tank on point so that the tank, and not the healer or squishy DPS, winds up with initial aggro. An alternative method is to begin the fight behind one of the two bosses as there are two corners the party may hide behind in order to line of sight the mobs to the group. This makes it much easier for the tank to pick up the mobs. The priests should be taken care of first – Dark Mending heals for a very large amount if it is not interrupted. The rest of the pull can be dealt with as the party sees fit. Do not underestimate undead-capable crowd control if things get out of hand.
At wave 10, Marwyn will become active and attack. Dispel the Shared Suffering at your own risk - otherwise, just heal through it, and stay out of the Wells of Corruption. With the Corrupted Flesh debuff, it is highly recommended to keep everyone topped off since they will have only 75% (50% on heroic) of their health. This might cause lower health dps or heals to die if Shared Suffering is dispelled right away or if party members stay in the Wells. Extra heals to the tank when hit by Obliterate.
- As you wish milord.
- The master surveyed his kingdom and found it... Lacking. His judgement was swift and without mercy: DEATH TO ALL!
- Death is all that you will find here!
- Corrupted Flesh
- Your flesh shall decay before your very eyes!
- Well of corruption
- Waste away into nothingness!
- Killing a player
- I saw the same look in his eyes when he died. Terenas could hardly believe it. Hahahaha!
- Choke on your suffering!
- Yes... Run... Run to meet your destiny... Its bitter, cold embrace, awaits you.
- Marwyn is voiced by Liam O'Brien.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added.