- The bonds of magic shatter like broken glass in the grasp of an experienced priest.
Mass Dispel is a level 72 priest ability that dispels magic within a 15 yard radius of the targeted area, dispelling all harmful debuffs from friendly targets and 1 beneficial buff from enemy targets, affecting up to 5 friendly and 5 enemy targets.
- The spell targets those closest to the center of the green targeting circle first and then moves outward.
- Mass Dispel is able to remove normally undispellable Magic effects such as and .
- Mass Dispel is a rare Priest spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "It dispels buffs, powers, hopes, and dreams."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Can now remove Magic that is normally undispellable. Now has a limit of 5 friendly and 5 enemy targets, down from 10.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): No longer dispels magic effects that are normally undispellable. Cast time has been decreased to 0.5 seconds, down from 1.5 seconds for Discipline and Holy Priests.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now removes all harmful effects from friendly targets. Now has a 15 sec cooldown.
- Patch 4.3.2 (2012-01-31): Mass Dispel should again prefer dispelling targets that have magic effects that can be dispelled.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This spell now triggers some types of trinkets it did not trigger before (such as ).
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Increased the number of affected targets from 5 to 10.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): Has a chance to be resisted when dispelling immunity effects. This will be displayed in the combat log. In addition, it will no longer cause rogues and druids in to lose . The flashing area graphic has been removed.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Mana cost reduced.
- Patch 2.0.10 (2007-03-06): Changed to always pick immunity-granting effects as its target. Note that even if , , or are dispelled by Mass Dispel, you'll still get an "Immune" message even though it has been removed.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.