|Race||Jungle troll (Humanoid)|
|Former occupation(s)||Mentor and advisor to Vol'jin|
|Location||Sen'jin Village, Durotar|
Back in the Darkspear islands, Gadrin was the chief witch doctor of the tribe and the mentor of Vol'jin and Zalazane who also called him Gad. After the two returned from their adventure in First Home, Gadrin told them about the death of Sen'jin and orcs, but Vol'jin already knew this thanks to his visions while in First Home.
As they had foreseen the lord of the orcish clans, Thrall arrived at the Darkspear islands, and rescued the tribe from the powerful Sea Witch. After settling in Kalimdor he invited the trolls into the Horde, where Gadrin became one of Vol'jin's most trusted advisors at their new home on the Echo Isles. Along with the young witch doctor Zalazane, Gadrin led the mystical training of many Darkspear priests and mages. However, Zalazane went mad from the mystical forces he had unleashed. The crazed witch doctor placed a curse upon the Echo Isles and drove Gadrin and his brethren away. Until Zalazane's Fall, Gadrin sought to end his rampage and put the souls of his cursed brethren to rest.
Gadrin's deceased brother, Minshina, was calling him during his dreams, so he decided to send adventurers to retrieve Minshina's skull from the Echo Isles.
Before the Echo Isles were liberated shortly before the Shattering, he instructed the adventurers to gather tiki masks in order to put deceased trolls from the isles to rest. He also worked with them in order to summon Elortha no Shadra.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
Following the Argus Campaign, as a troll representative, Gadrin was present in Spirit Rise in Thunder Bluff standing next to Baine Bloodhoof shortly before Magni Bronzebeard arrived to speak about the healing of Azeroth. Sylvanas wasn't looking forward to the conversation with Gadrin.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Since Vol'jin's death, Gadrin says that he often has felt Vol'jin's spirit whispering to him. His strength was the lifeblood of the Darkspear, and some would even say he was the spirit of the true Horde.
Gadrin later carried Vol'jin's ashes to Atal'Dazar, the burial site of Zandalari kings. Along the Golden Road up Mount Mugamba Gadrin told of Vol'jin's past deeds to honor him, even as the Sandfury, Gurubashi, and Amani tribes fought to keep the ashes of a "Horde-loving traitor" out of Atal'Dazar.
- Years ago, I trained Zalazane and Vol'jin to master their craft. I never would have guessed how their destinies would shake de world.
- Eekum Bokum!
- Someone call for de doctor?
- Ya seek me help?
- Hello, mon.
- I been training Darkspear trolls for generations.
- Jus' remember: not everything regenerates.
- Spirits be with ya.
- I be gettin' too old for dis.
- Good luck. And keep a good mojo close at hand.
- Easy dere, mon. Don't need to be getting so handsy.
- Ya best be stoppin' dat. I may be old, but dat just means I know de best hexes to use.
- Don't be makin' me turn ya into a toad.
- Ah, I gonna give ya a taste of ya own medicine.
- Dat's not a mojo in my pocket.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- He knows the Witherbark trolls well.
- Master Gadrin's greeting line "Eekum Bokum!" is a reference to Mumbo Jumbo, a witch doctor from the Banjo-Kazooie video game series.
Though the Darkspear have no official leader after Vol'jin's death, Gadrin appears to have stepped up to the plate unofficially by Battle for Azeroth as shown in the Echo Isles questline.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Given a unique voice.