Master of Elements
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
|Master of Elements|
Master of Elements is a popular PvE talent for any talent build. It restores up to 15/30% of the mana cost of any spell that critically hits one or more targets (so AoE spells such as , and are affected by this talent). Since most mages critically hit between 20 and 40% of the time this talent is equivalent to an effective mana cost reduction of all spells which can critically strike.
This Talent is especially good for high level arcane mages, as the mana conservation means more spell damage increase from Mana Adept.
For channeled spells that deal damage in ticks such as and , the mana returned is based on the tick that critically hit, and not the entire spell. For example, Arcane Missiles in its higher levels deals damage in 5 ticks: it will only return 15/30% of 1/5th of the cost of Arcane Missiles and not its total. However, because these two spells have high mana costs, Master of Elements can still go a long way in conserving mana for a mage who uses either.
Prior to patch 3.0.2, Master of Elements only affected fire and frost spells. It was changed in that patch to affect all mage spells.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Master of Elements is now a Tier 1 and 2 Ranks talent, down from Tier 4 and 3 Ranks. Your spell criticals will refund 15/30% of their base mana cost. (Up from 10/20/30%)
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Master of Elements: Now refunds the correct amount of mana when used with Arcane Missiles.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Master of Elements: Now works with Living Bomb.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Master of Elements now affects all spell criticals.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): The talent, "Master of Elements," will now properly proc off of totems.