Mastery: Icicles is the Frost mage mastery, improved by the mastery secondary stat. It is a unique game play mechanic for frost mages, allowing them to generate and store an Icicle every time or are cast, and unleash them with . It also increases damage dealt by .
- - Increases damage dealt by Icicles by 5%, and allows Icicles to hit an additional nearby target for 80% damage.
- Flash Freeze - Each Icicle deals additional damage, and when an Icicle deals damage it has a 5% chance to grant .
- Base Mastery is 8%. ~72 Mastery rating increases Mastery by 1% at level 120.
- If the Mage generates a 6th icicle, the oldest icicle will launch automatically.
- If the Mage has the talent, Ice Lance will no longer launch Icicles. Excess Icicles will continue to passively launch.
- Icicles cannot "double dip" from crit.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Icicle damage is now based on the caster's mastery and spell power, rather than Frostbolt damage. Icicles are now granted by Flurry in addition to Frostbolt. Additionally, this mastery will now increase Frozen Orb damage, and no longer affects the Mage's Water Elemental.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer includes , multistrikes, and Water Jet. Now learned at level 78 (was 80).
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now 13% more effective.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added, replacing .