|This article is a PTR Patch 8.2.0 stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
- This article is about the island. For the city of the same name, see Mechagon City. For other uses, see Mechagon (disambiguation).
Battle Pet Level: 25
Northwest of Kul Tiras
Mechagon Island (displayed as just Mechagon in the overworld) is an island located northwest of Kul Tiras. Added in patch 8.2.0, it features one zone (slightly bigger than the Timeless Isle) and a Mythic-only, Operation: Mechagon 8-boss megadungeon, in addition to the Robodrome arena.
A mystery awaits that is of particular interest to the gnomes and goblins. A previously closed vault in Kul Tiras has opened and within it a radio transmitter sends a signal for help and points to a new land to explore, Mechagon. This is an ancient lost city of the gnomes. The beginning of the adventure is within the Junker Wastes where heroes will be beset by death robots, but there are potential allies nearby. Hunted by robots themselves, the mechagnomes introduce you to a whole new society and take you to where higher cast gnomes live who have dedicated themselves to their king and have embraced robotics.
|This section is a lore stub.|
Before King Mechagon claimed the island, other civilizations once lived upon it. The history of these forgotten people was buried beneath the land. Evidence of two different civilizations appear, with one having been vrykul in origin and the other appears to have been tortollans.
King Mechagon was once the king of the Gnomeregan gnomes, who 400 years ago led his followers in search of a mystical land of technology. He left no clues where he was headed and over time his tale became a legend to the gnomes. In truth, King Mechagon managed to find this land and claimed it as his own. Since then, Mechagon Island has become the lost home of the mechagnomes. Under the guidance of Walton Cogfrenzy, the gnomes erected the mighty underground marvel of Mechagon City. Under King Mechagon, the gnomes began to convert themselves into partially mechanical versions of themselves; thus removing the problems of age upon their society.
Centuries later, the elderly gnome adventurer Kervo Cogpipe single-handedly found his way to the legendary lost island.
When King Mechagon started planning "curing" the entire world population of their natural curse of flesh, his son Prince Erazmin revolted against him. Not long after, a few groups of the Alliance and Horde arrived on the island and despite being at war, they settled down their differences to help the Erazmin dethrone his father.
Mechagon is a small island located northwest of Kul Tiras and has a similar landscape and fauna as Stormsong Valley. Rustbolt, home to the Rustbolt Resistance, is located on the northeast of the island while the entrance to Mechagon City, the Junkwatt Depot, is found in the southwestern hills. North lies a small mountainous area where the Scrapbone troggs make their home within Scrapbone Den. Southwest lies a small cluster of islands known as the Toothy Shallows.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Operation: Mechagon||120||5 player||Unknown|
Notes and trivia
- Mechagon Island shares some of its fauna with Stormsong Valley, such as the Brinebeak Albatrosses and the Coral Snapper crabs.
- Ionized Minnows scourge the waters around the island. They strip the ocean floors of any food, making it difficult for other species to survive.
- Ion Hazzikostas has described Mechagon as "what you might expect from a gnomish paradise".
- Someone or something from Mechagon is called "Mechagonian".
- Snooters were first discovered on Mechagon. They appear to be pets of the Mechagnomes, as the Golden Snorf was King Mechagon's pet.
- BlizzCon 2018
- Concept art
- Patch 8.2.0 (2019-06-25): Added.
- ^ Duskytooth Snooter
- ^ File:Mechagon Island UI name.png
- ^ perculia 2019-04-03. Buffed.de 8.2 Interview with Ion Hazzikostas - Azshara Plot Twist, Class Diversity, Leveling. Wowhead. Retrieved on 2019-04-08.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2018-11-02. World of Warcraft: What's Next Panel Recap. Retrieved on 2019-04-08.
- ^ https://www.wowhead.com/news=288418/blizzcon-2018-interview-with-ion-hazzikostas-and-chris-robinson-azshara-raises-n
- ^ A Growing Mystery
- ^ A Historical Mess
- ^ World of Warcraft manual, pg. 175
- ^ Rise of Azshara Survival Guide, 01:35
- ^ Walton Cogfrenzy gossip dialogue
- ^ Mechagon
- ^ Cass Marshall 2019-04-05. World of Warcraft’s next patch tackles Battle for Azeroth’s biggest flaws. Polygon. Retrieved on 2019-04-08.