|Occupation||Commander of the Legion forces on the Broken Shore|
Following the death of , ' personal hound, Mephistroth had its fangs crafted into the Fangs of the Devourer, two powerful daggers that still contain the potent withering essence that had made Goremaw's bites so deadly. The daggers were then passed one to , one of Sargeras' deadliest assassins. At unknown point of time he came into possession of the , which has allowed him to enhance his abilities to summon and command demonic armies for the Legion.
Third WarThis section concerns content exclusive to Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or its expansion The Frozen Throne.
Mephistroth is briefly seen in a Dreadlord citadel conversing with and about the status of the Scourge as Lord demanded a report. When Tichondrius brought up his suspicion that may have ulterior motives for his , Mephistroth was quick to dismiss his concerns claiming that Ner'zhul wouldn't dare undermine the legion's efforts. Anetheron then stressed that the only concern should be that the Scourge accomplishes its job in in bringing back the Legion as otherwise Archimonde would have their heads. With Tichondrius stressing that the Lich King would not jeopardize the Legion's return, the three dreadlords departed.
LegionThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
He arrives on the Dreadscar Rift and sees that one of his generals was slain by the First of the Black Harvest which meant he lost the Legion portal-world. Telling the warlock that it is nowhere close to being over and exclaims that they shall meet again. The leader of the Black Harvest thus became the Overlord of the Dreadscar.
The warlocks of the Black Harvest dealt another great blow to Mephistroth as they submitted the Eredar Twins, and , under their will using Kira Iresoul's Bloodstone.
Mephistroth orchestrated the Legion's invasion from the Broken Shore. After mana bombs were used to destroy his Legion ship, Mephistroth battled the order leader who was attacking him while the united order halls of Legionfall assaulted the Legion on the island below. Partway through the battle the dreadlord fell back to the Cathedral of Eternal Night, where he employed all his cunning to ensure the heroes failed in securing the . He was defeated by and the order leaders while guarded the entrance to the room from demons. After he is killed, the Aegis of Aggramar is activated.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|100 - 110||1,369,416|
|100 - 110||807,654|
|Hall of the Moon||??||68,124,496|
Warcraft IIIThis section concerns content exclusive to Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or its expansion The Frozen Throne.
- : Is everything proceeding as planned, Tichondrius? Lord demands a report on the Scourge.
- : The 's has been performing well...almost too well. I begin to wonder if has ulterior motives for his new... champion.
- Mephistroth: The human means nothing in the long run. Ner'zhul wouldn't dare undermine our efforts now.
- Anetheron: Our only concern is that the Scourge accomplishes what it was created to do. Archimonde will have all our heads if we do not keep control of this situation!
- Tichondrius: Believe me, brother. Neither the nor his undead lackeys will jeopardize the Legion's return!
- Anetheron: See that they do not. Lord Archimonde has little patience for failure.
World of WarcraftThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- Main article: Quest:Dark Whispers#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Heart of the Dreadscar#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Assault on Broken Shore#Notes
- Main article: Mephistroth (tactics)#Quotes
- Mephistroth's name is derived from Mephistopheles, the name given to the devil figure in the Faust Legend. Another derivative is Mephisto, the elder brother of Diablo. The name and such derivatives are often invoked to underly the sinister nature of the character in question.
It is speculated by fans that he took the place as the leader of the nathrezim after Anetheron's defeat, as he is the only known dreadlord to have not been defeated during the Third War.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.