||This article is a boss stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- Fill this page with Adventure Guide, Abilities, Achievements, and Quotes sections, and a Strategy section if needed. You may want to review information from fansites for encounter guides.
- For character biography, see Mephistroth.
Mephistroth is the last boss in Cathedral of Eternal Night.
Mephistroth orchestrates the Legion's invasion from the Broken Shore. With the forces of Azeroth pushing against his front line, Mephistroth has fallen back to the Cathedral of Eternal Night, where he will employ all his cunning to ensure the heroes fail in securing the Aegis of Aggramar.
Mephistroth uses shadow magic to attack the party until he reaches 100% energy. Once his energy is full, Mephistroth fades away and strikes at the heroes from the shadows. During this, Illidan must be protected with the Aegis of Aggramar long enough for him to pull the dreadlord back into the light. On Mythic difficulty, fel bats fly in through the windows during Shadow Fade and assault the heroes with Fel Blaze.
- Move away from your allies when targeted by Demonic Upheaval.
- Defeat Shadows of Mephistroth during Shadow Fade.
- Allies take increasing damage from Creeping Shadows while Mephistroth is hidden.
- Carrion Swarm is a heavy attack that needs to be faced away from the party.
- During Shadow Fade, face the Aegis of Agrammar towards Shadows Orbs to protect Illidan.
- Aegis of Aggramar — Face the Aegis of Agrammar towards Shadows of Mephistroth to protect Illidan from Shadow Blast.
Stage One: Mephistroth
- Carrion Swarm — A cresting wave of chaotic magic splashes over enemies in front of the caster, dealing 1197000 to 1323000 Shadow damage. It also leaves shadow puddles in the area that inflict 47500 to 52500 Shadow damage every 1 sec.
- Demonic Upheaval — Hurls fel energy at random enemies that places an aura on the targets. When the aura expires, a Fel Spike erupts at the destination, inflicting 798000 to 882000 Fire damage to nearby enemies and knocking them back as well as inflicting 616027 to 680873 Fire damage to enemies within 18 yards.
- Demonic Upheaval — Hurls fel energy at random enemies that places an aura on the targets. When the aura expires, a Fel Spike erupts at the destination, inflicting 798000 to 882000 Fire damage to nearby enemies and knocking them back as well as inflicting 616027 to 680873 Fire damage to all enemies.
- Dark Solitude — Hurls dark energy at random enemies that inflicts 304000 to 336000 Shadow damage to all nearby enemies and places a debuff on the target that inflicts an additional 33633 Shadow damage every 1 sec. for 8 sec.
Stage Two: Fades to Shadow
- Shadow Fade — Mephistroth fades into the shadows becoming invisible until Illidan can complete his Expel Shadows cast. While in this phase, Shadows of Mephistroth continually appear to assault Illidan to prevent Expel Shadows from being cast.
- Creeping Shadows — As long as Mephistroth remains in the shadows, the party suffers 7000 Shadow damage per stack every 1 sec.
- Illidan Stormrage — Appears during stage two and attempts to reveal Mephistroth.
- Expel Shadows — Illidan attempts to draw Mephistroth from the shadows. Incoming damage from Shadow Blast interrupts Illidan and lengthens his cast time.
- Shadow of Mephistroth — Appears during Stage Two and fires Shadow Blasts at Illidan.
- Shadow Blast — Shadows of Mephistroth appear around Illidan and attempt to interrupt his cast of Expel Shadows. Shadow Blasts that impact enemies inflict 598500 to 661500 Shadow damage to the target.
- Dreadwing — Dreadwings fly into the room and harass the party.
- Fel Blaze — Hurls fel bolts at enemies in front of the caster, dealing 335160 to 370440 Fire damage.
Please add any available information to this section.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Illidan Stormrage yells: I will hold the skies. See to the Aegis!
- Alone at last.
- Surrender the shield and I will grant you a quick death!
- Shadow Fade start
- Mephistroth yells: Beware the shadows!
- Illidan Stormrage yells: To me, heroes! Shield me with the Aegis while I tear this dreadlord from the shadows!
- Shadow Blast
- You cannot withstand the power of the Legion!
- It amuses me to watch you suffer!
- Shadow Fade end
- Illidan Stormrage yells: There is nowhere left to run, demon!
- Mephistroth yells: Run? Fool! I have led you to the slaughter!
- How kind of you to bring the Aegis to me!
- The final... victory... will be ours...
- Illidan Stormrage says: What is this?
- Maiev Shadowsong says: Can it be? The Guardian!
- Image of Aegwynn says: In ages past, this shield defended the young world soul against madness and corruption. Today, it serves those who fight for Azeroth.
- Image of Aegwynn says: I am Aegwynn, Guardian of Tirisfal. I left behind this echo of my power as a safeguard in the event that the wards I put in place to protect the tomb failed. Indeed, I sense that the master of the Burning Legion now schemes to claim his prize.
- Image of Aegwynn says: Yet there is still hope. By anchoring the Pillars of Creation in the halls below, you will restore my wards and push back against the invaders. Then you must venture into the depths of the tomb and use the Eye of Aman'Thul to eradicate the Felstorm and sever the Legion's link to Azeroth.
- Image of Aegwynn says: But the Pillars alone cannot bring victory. Only a united army founded on strength and courage can conquer the Legion. When you and your allies are prepared for the final battle, my echo will return to aid you. The fate of Azeroth rests in your hands.
- Maiev Shadowsong says: Khadgar will want to hear of this.
- Illidan Stormrage says: It seems preparations are in order.
- Illidan Stormrage yells: You cannot hide, Mephistroth!
- Mephistroth yells: I tire of these games! Let us see how you fare without your little trinket.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-04-10): "
- Mephistroth health reduced by 30% on all difficulties.
- Felblaze damage reduced by 30% on all difficulties.
- Demonic Upheaveal's unavoidable damage reduced by 60% on all difficulties.
- Creeping Shadows gain stacks more slowly on all difficulties.
- Shadow Blast impact damage reduced by 50% on all difficulties."
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Added.