|Character class||Mage, Warlock|
|Affiliation(s)||Tirisgarde, Armies of Legionfall|
|Former affiliation(s)||New Council of Tirisfal, Council of Tirisfal, Kirin Tor, Arathor|
|Occupation||Champion of the Tirisgarde, Member of the Council of Tirisfal, founding member of the New Council|
Meryl Felstorm (previously known as Meryl Winterstorm) is an undead human sorcerer. He is an incredibly powerful human magic user, with nearly three thousand years of experience, and the foster father and mentor of , 's son.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Quests
- 3 Locations
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Action figure
- 6 Notes
- 7 Speculation
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Meryl fought in the Troll Wars, and later became one of the founding members of the now defunct Council of Tirisfal. There is little record of his exploits with the Council, but at some point he aided them in banishing the dreadlord . Though Meryl is undead, he is neither one of the Forsaken nor Scourge. He was mortally wounded during the Troll Wars, but was forced by circumstance to survive as one of the undead. During all this time, he has kept himself "alive" by the strength of his own magic.
Legends: The First Guardian
|This section is a lore stub.|
Meryl aided his comrades against the dreadlord Kathra'natir who appeared in Dalaran to steal the Amulet of Waters.
World of Warcraft: The Comic
Years later, when Med'an witnessed his mother being kidnapped by the Twilight's Hammer, he chased after her. When Meryl discovered it, he quickly flew after him, arriving in Theramore just in time to warn the island of an approaching Scourge Necropolis. After fighting off the Scourge, he discovered that 's father was , and along with he traveled to Ahn'Qiraj, where Med'an was held as a prisoner. They managed to save Med'an but before they were able to leave, they were intercepted by who had knocked Meryl out with his incredible power. Valeera tried to fend off Cho'gall while Med'an tried to revive Meryl but Cho'gall was too strong and growing more desperate, Valeera offered herself willingly to the demon within her body in order to obtain the power to fend off Cho'gall. This allowed Meryl enough time to recover and teleport them to safety. When they reached a secure location, Meryl discovered that the demon that had possessed Valeera was none other than , a demon whom he and the original Council of Tirisfal banished centuries ago. In order to lure the demon away from Valeera's body, he challeged the demon to possess his body instead and being the stronger of the two wills managed to repress the demon in his body.
Though he tried to contain Kathra'natir, his will eventually faltered during the New Council of Tirisfal's offensive on Cho'gall and his Twilight's Hammer Cult. Having lost control, the demon was able to slay the blood elf and drain her of her power before Meryl got him back under control. Recognizing that his demonic possession was a liability to those around him, he declined membership in the New Council of Tirisfal and left in self-imposed exile, renaming himself Meryl Felstorm as a sign of his corruption.
Meryl Felstorm has been seen in various ancient libraries researching ancient tomes related to binding, imprisoning and banishing demons, in hopes that he might one day find a permanent prison for Kathra'natir.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Despite Meryl's best efforts to subdue Kathra'natir, the dreadlord managed to break free and attacked the Violet Hold in Dalaran. With the aid of a mage adventurer and the spirit of Alodi, Meryl fought Kathra'natir off, but Kathra'natir escaped into the Twisting Nether before he could be killed. Meryl and Alodi gathered the Forge of the Guardian and brought it to the Hall of the Guardian. Within the Hall, Meryl reformed the Tirisgarde--a group of magi used by the Council of Tirisfal in the absence of a Guardian--and declared that its goal was to hunt Kathra'natir down.
Later, Meryl catches a magical sickness marked with violent coughs that forces him out of commission. It is actually a magical attack of fel origin which Kathra'natir is behind, as he is using the and the power of the Nexus to drain Meryl's power. After Kathra'natir is imprisoned in the Nightborne Soulstone, Meryl is saved.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Dalaran||98 - 110||897,396|
|Hall of the Guardian||110||8,314,140|
|100 - 110||1,495,660|
|100 - 110||1,521,578|
- It has taken you three thousand years to slip back into Azeroth...only to inhabit an elf child's frail shell. And even this boy has withstood both your blandishments and your attack. You have not the magic to conjure your own demon body...much less to confront that other darkness.
- We will use the injured gryphon's life force to power our fel magic. The poor creature is nearly dead, anyways.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- I have been fighting the Burning Legion for an eternity, <name>. I would be honored to impart my wisdom to you as you lead the fight against them once again. I believe I have picked up a few tricks they will not expect!
- I will help how I can.
- What knowledge do you seek?
- You have my ear.
- Some demons are best left unwakened.
- You would not like me when I'm angry.
- Oh my! Now where did that come from?
- Gossip text during
- We must make haste to the Violet Hold!
- must not be allowed access to the Forge of the Guardian!
- The Forge of the Guardian is an artifact of incredible power.
- Its location was known only to the Council. That is, until now.
- Pardon me, I forget that my name is not well known these days.
- I am Meryl Felstorm, once known as Meryl Winterstorm. I was a founding member of the Council of Tirisfal, but was required to abandon my duties when I became possessed by the dreadlord Kathra'natir. I was able to contain him... for the most part... but the risk was too great for me to remain on the council.
- I have since dedicated my life to finding a way to banish the demon once and for all. It seems I have failed.
- Gossip text during
- Any information you can find on , how he died, and the whereabouts of would be greatly appreciated.
- Arrexis was a powerful and well known member of the Order of Tirisfal around the First War. I barely spoke to him, busy with my own goals. I knew he wielded Ebonchill. Then, mysteriously, I returned from a long journey and he was gone. His apprentices were gone and any materials and belongings related to him. The other members of the order were very tightlipped, only saying that something horrible had befallen him.
- Ebonchill was nowhere to be found.
- thought that Meryl was killed during the Second War.
- considers Meryl an old friend. It's unclear when they first met.
- Meryl is voiced by Fred Tatasciore in World of Warcraft: Legion.
- As a Class Hall champion, Meryl wields a Primal Combatant's Energy Staff.
- Since he is a mage that fought in the Troll Wars, it can be assumed that he was one of the 100 humans being taught in magic by the high elves mentioned in Arathor and the Troll Wars.
- How Meryl and Garona became friends is not specified but it is likely that it happened during the course of the First War.
Meryl in The First Guardian.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.