Metamorphosis (warlock ability)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- For the demon hunter ability, see Metamorphosis.
Abilities exclusive to Metamorphosis
Notes and trivia
- Considered shapeshifting, like , and can't be dispelled.
- Demon-form is susceptible to and grants an auto-crit on but is immune to and .
- Metamorphosis also causes the warlock to speak Demonic instead of their normal language.
- Metamorphosis can be used for AoE grinding due to .
- Metamorphosis is considered [form:2] in macros.
- In an earlier version of the ability, warlocks in demon form could be enslaved.
- Metamorphosis used to have a ranged white damage attack, commonly referred to as a "melee attack." It was removed in patch 5.1 due to a bug involving wands and accidental triggering of Shoot.
- Metamorphosis is adapted from the iconic Warcraft III Demon Hunter ability of the same name and is visually based on Illidan Stormrage's demon form, using a model extremely similar to Illidan's. It was later removed from warlocks with the introduction of the demon hunter class.
- Even though the ability was removed from player warlocks, many mobs such as Kanrethad Ebonlocke, Loramus the Defiled and the Gorebound Felcasters still possess it. Warlock followers like Lamontague Ford can also possess it.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Redesigned and now a demon hunter ability.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Fixed an issue where was not working properly while Metamorphosis was active.
- Hotfix (2013-08-09): "Metamorphosis should now properly increase damage dealt by 24% for Warlocks that are below level 80."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a permanent form, increasing the usefulness of by 100% and allowing use of unique demon abilities.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12):
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.