Metamorphosis (warlock ability)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- For the demon hunter ability, see Metamorphosis.
Abilities exclusive to Metamorphosis
Notes & trivia
- Considered shapeshifting, like , and can't be dispelled.
- Demon-form is susceptible to and grants an auto-crit on but is immune to and .
- Metamorphosis also causes the warlock to speak Demonic instead of their normal language.
- Metamorphosis can be used for AoE grinding due to .
- Metamorphosis is considered [form:2] in macros.
- In an earlier version of the ability, warlocks in demon form could be enslaved.
- Metamorphosis used to have a ranged white damage attack, commonly referred to as a "melee attack." It was removed in patch 5.1 due to a bug involving wands and accidental triggering of Shoot.
- Metamorphosis is adapted from the iconic Warcraft III Demon Hunter ability of the same name and is visually based on 's demon form, using a model extremely similar to Illidan's. It was later removed from warlocks with the introduction of the demon hunter class.
- Even though the ability was removed from player warlocks, many mobs such as , and the Gorebound Felcasters still possess it. Warlock followers like can also possess it.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed due to the addition of the demon hunter class.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Fixed an issue where was not working properly while Metamorphosis was active.
- Hotfix (2013-08-09): "Metamorphosis should now properly increase damage dealt by 24% for Warlocks that are below level 80."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a permanent form, increasing the usefulness of by 100% and allowing use of unique demon abilities.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12):
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.