Might of the Frozen Wastes
|Might of the Frozen Wastes|
|Level learned||10 and 24|
|Affects||Melee attacks, ,|
Might of the Frozen Wastes is a passive specialization ability for Frost death knights, available at level 10 with the rank 2 version at level 24. This ability allows duel wielding death knights to add a Runeforge enchant to their off-hand, while allowing two handed wielders to do more obliterate damage.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Re-added with new effects.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now increases Frost Strike's damage by 100% (up from 50%) while dual-wielding.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Effects from added. Now increases the damage of Obliterate by 50% (up from 40%) and melee damage by 35% (up from 30%) while wielding a two-handed weapon, and increases the damage of Frost Strike by 50% (up from 35%) while dual-wielding.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now increases all melee attack damage by 30% (up from 20%).
- Hotfix (2013-03-05): "Might of the Frozen Wastes now increases melee attack damage by 20% (was 15%)."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now increases melee damage by 15% (was 10%).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now given automatically to Frost death knights. Now also causes Obliterate to deal 40% more damage when wielding a two-handed weapon. No longer gives autoattacks a chance to generate Runic Power.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Now increases two-handed weapon damage by 3/7/10%, down from 4/8/12%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now also increases all melee damage by 4/8/12% while wielding a two-handed weapon.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.