Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- For strategy on the encounter in Ulduar, see Mimiron (tactics).
The Grand Architect
|Race(s)||Titanic watcher spirit, mechagnome body|
|Occupation||Keeper of Ulduar|
Mimiron (called Mimir by his friends) is one of the keepers. He once resided at the Temple of Invention, but left after being corrupted by Loken and Yogg-Saron. It is said that his mechanical servants appear to have turned against each other and that several attendants have been piled together in an unorganized manner. The remaining mechagnome guardians were corrupted by an unknown source.
Mimiron is one of the Keepers created by the Pantheon to lead the titan-forged armies against the forces of the Old Gods. He was given power by Norgannon. He and Loken battled and defeated Neptulon the Tidehunter.
After Loken was manipulated by Yogg-Saron and accidentally killed Sif, the wife of Thorim, he was desperate to keep it a secret. Loken arranged for Mimiron's death, making it look like a lab accident, but Mimiron's mechagnome followers saved his spirit and created a mechagnome body for Mimiron to inhabit. He has not been completely sane since.
In ancient times, Mimiron discovered a mineral named kaja'mite and, attempting to determinate its properties, he experimented on various races. He found that the ore was extremely potent and that it increased the intellect of his subjects. One of these subjects was a small primitive life race that roamed around the forests near Ulduar. By consuming kaja'mite, they were transformed into a new, highly intelligent race known as the goblins.
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
Mimiron first appears as a boss within Ulduar. After defeating him, he breaks free of Yogg-Saron's corruption and aids you in the battle against the Old God. When active, Mimiron provides the following buffs:
- Speed of Invention — Increases all damage done by 10% and movement speed by 20%. Increases player size by 10%.
- Destabilization Matrix — Mimiron channels a beam of titan energy that destabilizes the molecular structure of certain Saronite based creatures, reducing attack speed by 100% and casting speed by 300%. Cast on all tentacles outside in the encounter.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
, a gun Mimiron had created for his companion Thorim long ago, was at some point stolen from Ulduar and brought to Shield's Rest on the Broken Isles. During the invasion of the Burning Legion, the gun was stolen again by a vrykul woman named Prustaga, who intended to retrieve the within and gain the power of the Titans. Mimiron worked with Thorim, a hunter hero, and Grif Wildheart (who Mimiron mistook for his old friend Brann Bronzebeard) to retrieve the artifact from Prustaga.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|The Shattered Walkway||??||7,344,360|
|Image of Mimiron||113||1,150,587|
This section concerns content related to Legion.
- A peerless example of techno-magical engineering, the was designed by Keeper Mimiron, a titanic watcher and brilliant inventor. Securely housed in the heart of the rifle, a relic known as the powers the Titanstrike, harnessing the essence of storms and focusing it into concentrated blasts of energy. The rifle's power source can also be credited to Mimiron, who devised it for his comrade, Keeper Thorim, in ages past.
- Mimiron created a clockwork race he called mechagnomes. Some of the early mechagnomes became afflicted by the Curse of Flesh, and became the first gnomes.
- Main article: Mimiron (tactics)#Quotes
- Main article: Stolen Thunder#Notes
- Main article: The Creator's Workshop#Notes
- Main article: Never Hunt Alone#Notes
- Just carrying the one and-- Yes?
- Time for some science!
- We can solve any problem.
- Everything is science if you write it down.
- Always a pleasure.
- Off you go.
- Fascinating. Lovely chat!
Notes and trivia
- Mimiron seems quite open to discussing Titan creations, as Brann Bronzebeard spoke to him. In one of his journals, Brann commented that Mimiron "never. stops. talkin'."
- Mimiron sees Brann Bronzebeard as an old friend by the time of World of Warcraft: Legion.
- Grif Wildheart also became his friend at some point before the quest to obtain Titanstrike, but is constantly mistaken for Brann.
- It was previously stated that Mimiron created the mechagnomes in his image, but this was changed with Chronicle.
- As Mimiron is obviously still alive and active in Ulduar, he can meet the progeny of his own creations, the gnomes of Gnomeregan, though it is not known how Mimiron feels towards them.
- In Norse mythology Mímir was the giant guarding Mímisbrunnr, the well of wisdom beneath the world tree Yggdrasil.
- Mimiron is voiced by Dino Andrade.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.