- "Shadow priests, mon . . . dey can melt faces." — Ta'zo
Mind Blast is level 10 Shadow priest direct-damage spell. It is generally the Shadow priest's quickest and most powerful attack, but has a relatively long cooldown. It is also one way for Shadow priests to generate Insanity.
Tips and tactics
- Mind Blast is a key part of any Shadow priest rotation, and priests will generally want to use it as often as possible. As well as dealing substantial damage, it is critical for generating Insanity for use with .
- Mind Blast is a basic Priest spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "This spell blasts you directly in the MIND."
- Prior to Patch 2.0.1, Mind Blast used to cause 100% additional threat, significantly limiting its use in PvE.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Insanity generated reduced to 12 (was 15). Cooldown reduced to 7.5 seconds (was 9 seconds). Now benefits from .
- Hotfix (2017-06-13): "
- Mind Blast damage increased by 13%.
- Mind Blast damage increased by 30% in PvP situations."
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Now generates 15 Insanity (was 12).
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 10 (was 16).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage increased by 50%. Mana cost removed. Now generates Insanity instead of Shadow Orb.
- Patch 6.2.2 (2015-09-01): Now deals 10% more damage. In PvP combat, Mind Blast now deals 10% less damage.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Cooldown is now reduced by haste, but its base cooldown is now 9 seconds (up from 8 seconds).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Shadow specialization ability, and generates one Shadow Orb. Spell visual animation changed.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Mind Blast damage done has been increased by 12%.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Casting an instant Mind Blast immediately following a should no longer cause Mind Blast to not benefit from the last cast of Mind Spike.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): No longer generates bonus threat.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Now has a short cast time.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Damage slightly reduced.