- "The chilling touch of death can give even the bravest of souls pause for thought."
- - Wanda Darkfizz
- Mind Freeze can be very useful when playing against casters. See Tips and tactics for information on using interrupts.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Mind Freeze is now learned at level 62, up from level 57. Range increased to 15 yards, up from melee range. Spell lockout duration reduced to 3 seconds, down from 4 seconds.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer costs Runic Power (formerly cost 20 Runic Power). Cooldown increased from 10 to 15 seconds.
- Hotfix (2011-04-29): "Some interrupts were still incorrectly missing targets. Wind Shear, Spell Lock, Counterspell, Mind Freeze, and hunter pet abilities Nether Shock and Serenity Dust should no longer miss."
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Mind Freeze will now always hit its target.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.