Mindbender Ghur'sha is the third boss encounter of the Throne of the Tides in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. The first half of the fight is against Erunak Stonespeaker.
After his valiant efforts at the Abyssal Breach, Earthen Ring shaman Erunak Stonespeaker was abducted by naga forces and enslaved by Mindbender Ghur'sha. It is feared that this parasitic aberration has taken full control over Erunak's mind, body, and devastating shamanic abilities.
Erunak Stonespeaker under the influence of Ghur'sha.
When the encounter begins, Mindbender Ghur'sha has taken control of Erunak Stonespeaker by attaching to his head. Erunak will fight players while Mindbender Ghur'sha has control. When Erunak reaches 50% health, Mindbender Ghur'sha detaches off Erunak's head. Players then fight Mindbender Ghur'sha.
- Emberstrike — Erunak strikes at his current enemy target with both of his enchanted weapons, inflicting Fire damage equal to 100% of his normal weapon swing. The target also takes 1885 to 2115 additional Fire damage when any of Erunak's melee swings deal Physical damage. This additional effect lasts 10 sec.
- Magma Splash — Erunak projects a stream of magma in a 90 degree wide and 20 yard long cone in front of him, inflicting 18850 to 21150 Fire damage to those within the cone. Targets hit by the magma also take 2000 Fire damage every second for 10 sec.
- Lava Bolt — Erunak hurls molten lava at a random enemy target, inflicting 18850 to 21150 Fire damage and violently knocking them back.
- Earth Shards — Erunak throws a chaotic mass of earth shards that moves towards the location of a random player. When the earth shards reach the location, they erupt and inflict 1885 to 2115 Physical damage every 0.5 second to any enemies within 5 yards for 10 seconds.
- Absorb Magic — Mindbender Ghur'sha erects a protective shield over himself, absorbing all incoming spell damage for 3 sec. That spell damage then heals Ghur'sha for three times the amount absorbed.
- Mind Fog — Mindbender Ghur'sha creates a fog cloud 10 yards wide and centered at his current location. Any enemy standing in the fog is unable to attack or cast spells, and also takes 471 to 528 Shadow damage every 0.5 second. The fog dissipates after 20 seconds.
- Unrelenting Agony — Mindbender Ghur'sha channels excruciating pain to all nearby enemies, inflicting 1885 to 2115 Shadow damage every second for 10 sec.
- Enslave — Mindbender Gur'sha leaps onto the head of a nearby enemy player, charming them for 1 min or until the player is brought below 50% health. While charmed, the player's damage dealt, healing dealt, and health are all increased. In Heroic Difficulty if the player is not freed from Mindbender Ghur'sha control before 1 min has passed, he will kill the player before he leaps off the player's head.
- Emberstrike and Magma Splash apply Magic debuffs that can be defensively dispelled.
- The encounter begins with Erunak mind controlled and hostile. He will periodically cast Magma Splash and Lava bolt. He has 1,800,000 hp, however, once he is brought to 50% hp, the Mindless One will appear and release Erunak. The Mindless One has 619,000 hp. It will target a nearby player (it is thought by some that the player with the highest threat is chosen ) and Enslave them. That player must be brought to below 50% quickly so that dps can resume on Mindless One. While not enslaving players, he will cast Unrelenting Agony, which are shadow damage beams on all players that tick for moderate damage. He will mind control players roughly once a minute until defeated.
- Absorb magic can be dispelled, or, if you have a mage in your party, the mage should spellsteal it.
- Phase Transition
- Mindbender Ghur'sha yells: A new host must be found.
- Erunak Stonespeaker yells: I thank you, my friends. Forgive me. I... I have grown too weak to be of any assistance.
- Mind Control
- There is only Ghur'sha.
- Who are your allies?
- Give in.
- Mind Fog
- Is. This. Reality.
- Killing a Player
- Too weak to serve!
- Only your memory remains!
- Mindbender Ghur'sha yells: They are outside the cycle...
- Erunak Stonespeaker yells: I am... weary. You must carry on without me. I shall take my leave once my strength has returned.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-12-06): "Fixed a bug that was causing Mindbender Ghur'sha to be non-interactable."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.