Mindel Sunspeaker (quest)
90 (Requires 90)
+350 August Celestials
Defeat Mindel Sunspeaker.
- Mindel Sunspeaker defeated
Our highest-ranked trainee is an outsider like you. It is both strange and exciting to live in a time when so many foreigners have embraced the way of the Crane.
Your challenger's name is Mindel Sunspeaker, and he awaits you within Angkhal Pavilion.
(Mindel Sunspeaker: "Mindel, like you, is undefeated.")
Don't lose, <name>.
You are now our highest-ranked trainee. You are no longer obligated to participate in trainee duels. Congratulations!
Of course, there are still other ways to prove yourself. I have the feeling I will be seeing you again...
- 236000 XP
- +350 reputation with August Celestials
Mindel is at Angkhal Pavilion, immediately to the south of the questgivers. Speak with him:
- Nobody can defeat me.
- I've been on this island for weeks, fighting duels every day, and nobody's come close to winning.
- Is this the best Pandaria has to offer?
- Let's fight!
- Mindel Sunspeaker says: <sigh>...Let's get this over with.
Mindel is a level 90 blood elf with 787,000 health and the following abilities:
- Sunstrike Melee range — Strikes target enemy, inflicting Fire damage and additionally inflicts Fire damage every 1 sec for 7 secs. Hits for 4100 Fire, ticks for 2050 Fire.
- Sunflare Kick — Inflicting Fire damage every .5 secs for 6 secs to all enemies within 7 yards. Channeled. Uninterruptible. (8 sec cooldown)
Get out of the sunflare kick. Finish him off:
- Mindel Sunspeaker says: Now THAT's what I was looking for! You've given me a reason to train again, <class>.
Yan Quillpaw sends today's letter:
You have defeated every student that had a chance of beating you. But you have not yet defeated me.
I may be one of your trainers, but I am not too proud to test my skills against a student.
I challenge you to a duel, <name>. See you in the Cradle.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.