||This article is a strategy stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- Give general, not personal, strategies. You may want to review information from fansites with raiding guides.
Mindflayer Kaahrj is a n'raqi boss in Assault on Violet Hold.
This eldritch creature was captured in the depths of Ulduar, ensnared as it lapsed into a catatonic state after the defeat of Yogg-Saron. Since Dalaran arrived at the Broken Isles, the monstrosity has mysteriously awakened, and only the powerful wards of the Violet Hold keep its powers in check.
Mindflayer Kaahrj attacks the party with his Shadow Crash and Hysteria spells. At 80% and 40% health, Mindflayer Kaahrj casts Eternal Darkness, ushering in a swathe of Faceless Tendrils to repeatedly damage party members.
- Avoid Shadow Crash.
- Defeat Faceless Tendrils summoned by Eternal Darkness.
- Avoid Shadow Crash.
- Be aware that tanks take significant damage from Doom.
- Avoid Shadow Crash.
- Doom inflicts significant damage.
- Eternal Darkness — Calls to the void, ushering Faceless Tendrils through to this world over 1 sec. Each Tendril flays the mind of a target, inflicting 15000 Shadow damage every second until defeated.
- Amplified Darkness — Periodically increases Eternal Darkness damage by 5%. This effect stacks.
- Shadow Crash — Fires a shadow missile at a target, dealing 332500 to 367500 Shadow damage to all enemies near the impact point and knocking them away. After impact, leaves an energy field that lingers for 15 sec, inflicting 42750 to 47250 Shadow damage every second and reducing healing done by 50%.
- Collapsing Shadows — The shadows begin to collapse around the previously scarred location, attracting nearby players over 3 sec. Any players caught within the event horizon take 350000 Shadow damage every second.
- Hysteria — Strikes fear in the minds of a target, fearing them for 3 sec.
- Doom — Dooms the target, inflicting 665000 to 735000 Shadow damage.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Unlocking Seal
- Lord Malgath yells: Your armor might protect you from blade and claw, but it is useless against this Faceless One. With a mere whisper, it can drive a mortal mind to madness.
- Phriagg'ba teq'nir seq qwai N'Zoth!
- Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
- The Black Empire once ruled this world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!
- Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Ag'rr hazz ak'yel ksh ga'halahs pahg!
- The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! We will reforge our dread citadels atop the fly-blown corpse of this kingdom!
- Iilth qi mah'shar fhn oorql N'Zoth!
- You will be the first of many to glimpse the madness of N'Zoth!
- Iilth ma paf'qi'ag sk'halas. GAZ SKSHGN!
- You are a prisoner in your own body. A SERVANT OF FEAR!
- Shath'gral ynyq. Weq... weq... weq...
- The Old Ones beckon. Go... go... go...
- Eternal Darkness
- N'Zoth iiyoq raz'tal'vsak! IIYOQ NEL'OTHK AR'AFGH!
- The will of N'Zoth is made manifest! IT CANNOT BE CONTAINED!
- Mg'uulwi N'Zoth, eth'razzqi worg zz oou.
- In the writhing shadow of N'Zoth, all light fades and dies.
- Al'ksh syq iir awan? Iilth sythn aqev... aqev... aqev...
- Is this real or an illusion? You are going mad... mad... mad...
- Killed a player
- Sk'yahf q'magg luk sshoq anagg'gen.
- Your soul will wander roads that twist in endless spirals.
- Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh.
- The crooked serpent with no eyes is watching from the endless sky.
- En'othk uulg'shuul. Mh'za uulwi skshgn kar.
- There is no light after death. Only a place where even shadows fear to go.
- Il'zarq N'Zoth phgwa an'zig. Il'zarq taag ov'kadaq.
- The voice of N'Zoth whispers from the deeps. It sings of unspeakable horrors.
- Y'za noq mah... Y'za noq ormz...
- I am not the first... I am not the last...
- Yeh'glu N'Zoth okom hoq... Y'za sythn oou...
- The blood of N'Zoth runs through me... I cannot die...
Patches and hotfixes
Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.
- Hotfix (2016-09-06): "
- Mindflayer Kaahrj's Faceless Tendril should now prefer targets that are not being targeted by Eternal Darkness.
- Corrected a spawn location for Mindflayer Kaahrj's Faceless Tendril that was inside the floor.