- The path of least resistance can be the last of your existence.
This can only target a party or raid member (the hunter's pet counts as a party member).
Tips and tactics
- This is a highly recommended skill for instances and considered essential for raids. It allows the hunter to execute difficult pulls for the tank. It can effectively add threat for the tank both at the pull, as well as during the middle of a long fight if used repeatedly.
- If Misdirection is used to pull groups of linked mobs, all mobs will go onto the target of Misdirection even if they were not hit.
- Misdirection is a rare Hunter spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Sometimes it's as simple as putting on a fake mustache and pointing at someone else."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Survival.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Redesigned. Instead of having finite charges, it now begins a 4-second timer when the hunter using Misdirection performs a threat-generating attack, during which all threat generated by the hunter goes to the friendly target. In addition, multiple hunters can now misdirect threat to the same friendly target simultaneously.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): Items used while Misdirection is active will now consume a charge correctly.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.