To acquire this item, simply type /kiss while targeting a Winter Reveler who are located in most inns during the Feast of Winter Veil. Winter Revelers will randomly give you a stack of five of Mistletoe, or a after typing /kiss. Only the Winter Revelers in the inns participate.
You will also receive a debuff preventing you from getting another of these gifts for one hour. This hour is real time, so you can switch characters and come back an hour later.
- Using mistletoe on a target gives your target +20 Versatility for 30 minutes.
- You cannot use mistletoe on yourself.
- You can use mistletoe on your pets.
- Using mistletoe on a player or NPC causes them to do a /cheer emote.
- Mistletoe is soulbound and cannot be traded, but does not expire.
- Two achievements, one per faction, require the use of mistletoe.
- uses nine. The most difficult target is in a low thirties area.
- uses only three, but two of the targets are on Northrend.
- These can only be done during Winter Veil, you do not get credit for using mistletoe on the achievement targets out of season.
- Patch 1.8.4 (2005-12-06): In a startling discovery, Mistletoe sold on last year's vendors is now named "Fake Mistletoe". A Smokywood Pastures spokesman was quoted as saying, "Sorry, no refunds."
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Added.