|Title||<The Crushing Tide>|
|Race||Whale shark (Beast)|
|Level||30-35 Rare Elite|
|Location||Abyssal Breach, Abyssal Depths|
- 58,403 - 86,705 Damage
- 11,977 Armor
- Basic Melee — ~30K on tanks
- Algae 80 yd range — Creates a pool of algae at a target location that deals Nature damage and slows enemies. 2 sec cast. Triggers...
- Algae — Creates a pool of algae at a target location that deals Nature damage and slows enemies. Ticks for 4625-5375 Nature to players every second and reduces movement speed by 50% in the targeted area.
- Enrage — Enrages, increasing physical damage and attack speed for 2 min.
- Ram 30-50 yd range — Ram the enemy, dealing Physical damage and knocking back enemies in a cone in front of the caster. 5 sec cast. Hits from 92,500-107,500 Physical/Frost before mitigation.
- Wake — Mobus' powerful tail deals Physical damage to and knocks back enemies behind him. 5 sec cast. After the initial cast, starts an 8-second channel that triggers every second...
- Wake — Mobus' powerful tail deals Physical damage to and knocks back enemies behind him. Hits for 18500-21500 Physical, 100 yd knockback
Treat Mobus like a dragon with a standard set of frontal cone and tail swipe abilities. Only the tank should be in front and everyone else should be spread out along one or both sides. Don't clump up, as the Algae area of affect is larger than its model lets on.
Back away when Mobus starts casting Wake, as it's a five-second cast followed by an eight-second channel. Ram is also a five-second cast.
Mobus drops only one piece of loot:
- His name is an obvious reference to Moby-Dick, the titular whale of the 1851 Herman Melville novel.
- Mobus is the largest rare mob in the game.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26):
- Loot from Mobus has been adjusted to be commensurate to its rarity and invested effort.
- Health reduced from ~30 million to ~12 million.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.