|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.1.5.
- "As if bein' encased in ice wasn't bad enough! How's a rogue to make a living?" - Rotun Daggerhand
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Removed.
- Hotfix (2014-12-08): "Now increases spell critical strike chance by 15% (up from 5%)."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now a passive effect and is available only to Fire mages.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Molten Armor now reduces physical damage taken by 6%. No longer causes Fire damage when struck nor reduces chance to be critically hit. Spell critical strike chance increased from 3% to 5%. In addition, Molten Armor now has a 3-second cast time, no longer has a duration and will persist through death.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Molten Armor damage can no longer break .
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Mana cost removed. talent no longer eliminates the critical strike reduction that Molten Armor provides.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Molten Armor now increases your critical strike chance by 3%, and is no longer linked to spirit. Now available at level 34, down from 62.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Critical strikes from the effect on this armor will no longer trigger Ignite.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Chance to critically strike is now increased by a percentage of the mage's total spirit. 35% of spirit as crit rating (55% if you have the [Glyph of Molten Armor]).
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): No longer a Magic effect and cannot be dispelled.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Will now do damage while a damage absorption shield is active.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Ignite: This talent is no longer triggered by damage dealt by Molten Armor.
- Patch 2.1.2 (2007-06-19): Molten Armor can now proc when the Mage is sitting.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22):
- Molten Armor will no longer be triggered erroneously by some non-melee attacks, such as Feral Faerie Fire. It will also no longer break crowd controlling affects such as .
- A data error was fixed that was causing Molten Armor to generate more threat than intended.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.