Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Title||<Darkmoon Den Mother>|
|Relative(s)||Moonfang Snarlers, Moonfang Dreadhowls, Moonfang Packmates, (offspring)|
Moonfang is a level 103 world boss located in the woods on western Darkmoon Island. She (and the rest of the Island) is only accessible while the Darkmoon Faire is active. Moonfang is a no tap mob, meaning all players of both factions that are on her aggro table are eligible for loot.
Her cubs grow into massive, slavering, black-furred killing machines...except for .
- 280,683 - 419,192 Damage
- 24,840 Armor
- Call the Pack — Summons one Darkmoon Wolf for every enemy within 40 yards.
- Fangs of the Moon — Stuns the target, inflicts 50% weapon damage as Arcane damage every 2 sec, and increases damage taken by 150%.
- Leap for the Kill — Leap at the target. Enemies in melee range are knocked down and suffer 300% weapon damage as Physical damage.
- Moonfang's Curse — Enemies within 10 yards are transformed into half-wolf servants of Moonfang for 5 min.
- Moonfang's Tears — Inflicts weapon damage as Arcane damage every 2 sec. to all enemies in an area for 12 sec.
Dedicated tanks and several healers are recommended for the encounter.
Have tanks charge in and keep aggro on her. All players should run out of the Moonfang's Curse and Moonfang's Tears areas of effect (marked with white circles on the ground), and especially should get out of the way when she Leaps for the Kill.
Group up on Moonfang when she casts Call the Pack and AoE the summoned Moonfang Packmates down.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-11-03): Reduced the levels of Moonfang, Moonfang Packmate, Moonfang Dreadhowl, Moonfang Snarler, and Darkmoon Rabbit back to pre-Warlords expansion levels. The creatures needs to respawn for the changes to take effect.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now a level 103 boss, with adds also at that level.
- Hotfix (2013-10-09): "Added an upper limit to the number of wolves that could be summoned by Moonfang's Call the Pack ability."
- Hotfix (2013-10-07): "Moonfang should now always drop something when defeated."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.