Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- "In all other things, moderation." 
Tips and tactics
- It's often considered an excellent choice for pulling, regardless of the druid's specialization due to its instant cast and long lasting DoT.
- If an enemy is at low health you can finish them off by spamming several Moonfire or in a row. This is low DPS, but can be done on the move to a fleeing enemy.
- Moonfire is a basic Druid spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: ""Cast Moonfire, and never stop." - How to Be a Druid, Chapter 5, Section 3"
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 3 (was 10).
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Moonfire (non-Feral) damage increased by 10%."
- Hotfix (2016-08-22): "Moonfire and Sunfire DoT damage has been decreased to 50% per tick (was 55%)."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Direct damage increased by 142.5%, damage per tick increased by 96%, duration increased to 16 seconds (from 14).
- Patch 6.2.3 (2015-11-17): Damage has been increased by 6%.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 4% less damage.
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "(Feral) Damage increased by 12%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Now has a base duration of 20 seconds (up from 14 seconds), but is no longer extended by and critical strikes. Upon reaching 100 Lunar Energy, the next Moonfire deals 100% additional initial damage.
- Moonfire and Sunfire will now replace each other on the Action Bar when switching cycles on the Eclipse Bar.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer generates any Energy or changes into Sunfire while in Solar Eclipse.
- Hotfix (2011-07-19): "Moonfire will now generate Lunar Energy when crossing from Solar to Lunar on the Eclipse bar."
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now costs 9% of base mana, down from 18% of base mana.