(Redirected from Mortal strike)
- Mortal Strike is one of Arms warriors' most powerful attacks. Arms warriors should use Mortal Strike whenever possible.
- Mortal Strike also applies the Mortal Wounds healing debuff. This can be useful in PvP to stop enemy healers from healing a target your group is attempting to focus fire on.
- The healing reduction effect does not stack with any other healing reduction effect.
- The 4-piece set bonus from the warrior's Tier-8.25 set, Conqueror's Siegebreaker Battlegear (level 80) gives a 10% increased chance to crit with Mortal Strike.
- Mortal Strike is a rare Warrior spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: ""If you only use one ability, use Mortal Strike." - The Warrior Code, Line 6"
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-06-14): "Mortal Strike damage reduced by 30% in PvP situations."
- Hotfix (2017-06-13): "Damage increased by 12%."
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage increased by 55%.
- Hotfix (2016-03-03): "Now deals 10% less damage against another player."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now replaces for Arms warriors.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 215% of weapon damage (up from 175%).
- Hotfix (2012-09-20): "Mortal Strike now does 165% weapon damage (down from 185%)."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now generates 10 Rage instead of consuming Rage. Weapon damage increased from 150% to 185%, cooldown increased from 4.5 to 6 sec.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Mortal Strike now reduces the target's healing received by 25%, up from 10%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Mortal Strike cost has been reduced by 5 rage.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23):
- Now reduce healing by 10%, down from 25%.
- Now does 150% weapon damage, down from 185%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Changed to an Arms Specialization ability.
- Hotfix (2007-02-13): "Mortal Strike and Wound Poison (rank 4) no longer stack at any rank."
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Now uses normalized attack power.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Mortal Strike changed to deal weapon damage + a flat amount (85, 110, 135, 160) instead of percentage-based damage. Additional ranks available on Warrior trainers.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Now has a cooldown, damage has also been reduced.