Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Unhatched Mr. Chilly
|The subject of this article can no longer be obtained.
- Unhatched Mr. Chilly
- Binds when picked up
- Use: Teaches you how to summon Mr. Chilly.
Mr. Chilly was mailed by Breanni to players who merged a WoW account to a Battle.net account. He was intended as a "thank you" from Blizzard for sticking through the process of switching over. The first Unhatched Mr. Chilly items were mailed on Oct. 15, 2009, three days after Blizzard announced that all WoW accounts would need to be converted to Battle.net accounts on Nov. 11, 2009.
Letter sent with the item:
Please give a warm welcome to your new cool penguin pal!
I'm so happy you could give this sassy little Spheniscidae a home.
Mr. Chilly's appearance evokes a more civilized era, when duelists battled in tuxedos.
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 4|
|Level 10||Level 15||Level 20|
- For some reason—probably an error in the skin—Mr. Chilly's eyes glow in the dark.
- Despite Blizzard's original intention to remove Mr. Chilly as a reward, he is still given when merging a WoW account. However, since unmerged WoW accounts can no longer be created, this requires the player to have one that hasn't been logged into since before November 11, 2009, when the merge was made mandatory.
- His pet journal entry may be a reference to Obi-Wan Kenobi's description of "an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age."
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Added.
- ^ Bornakk 2009-10-12. World of Warcraft Forums. Archived from the original on 2009-10-15. Retrieved on 2017-07-25.
- ^ The new Battle.net: FAQ. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01. Retrieved on 2017-07-25. “Starting on October 15, once you’ve successfully merged a World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account, the penguin pet will be sent via in-game mail to all existing characters on the merged World of Warcraft account, [...]”
- ^ The new Battle.net: FAQ. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01. Retrieved on 2017-07-25. “We plan to remove the ability to get the penguin pet at some point in the future. We haven’t determined exactly when just yet.”