Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Location||On the Grand Expedition Yak|
Mystic Birdhat is the left-hand rider of the Grand Expedition Yak and was originally added to the game to provide a mobile reforging service, titled <Arcane Reforger>. With the removal of that feature in Patch 6.0.2 he was changed to provide transmogrification service instead.
On the other side of the yak is Cousin Slowhands, functioning as a vendor and repair service.
- A minute is all I need. Wait, that came out all wrong.
- Got some rye?
- I am yak rider. And this is my yak.
- I feel like I lost an eighth of something.
- I think yak has started to move.
- I will roll, roll through the gates of Mogu'shan.
- Is this what a dream feels like?
- It is not my intention to initiate legislation against you.
- Oh woe. Low. Low.
- Shine and rise.
- There is nothing in all Pandaria that can stay the rampage of the Grand Expedition Yak. Pray you never see it.
- Those yaungol have straight swords. Straight. Swords.
- Yak. Yak never changes.
- Your yak is in another stable.
- "I will roll, roll through the gates..." is from Murray the Demonic Skull, from The Curse of Monkey Island.
- Murray: You may call me ‘Murray’! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell – carrying your head on a pike!
- Guybrush Threepwood: "Stride"?
- Murray: All right then, roll! Roll through the Gates of Hell! ... must you take the fun out of everything?
- "I am yak rider" is from the Meet the Heavy intro video for Team Fortress 2, where the Heavy's first words are, "I am Heavy Weapons Guy... and this is my weapon."
- "I feel like I lost an eighth of something" is from Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar. Earning all eight pieces of the ankh is a major part of the aforementioned quest. You have to act in harmony with all eight virtues in order to earn each piece. If you act unvirtuously, by cheating a blind herb-seller, attacking a peaceful citizen, etc., you will lose that virtue. If you've earned that virtue's piece of the ankh, you will also lose that eighth. This is accompanied by the message "Thou hast lost an eighth!"
- It was also the inspiration for one of the game exit confirmation messages in Doom II.
- You want to quit?
- Then, thou hast lost an eighth!
- "It is not my intention to initiate legislation against you" is from the ending of a conversation between Fall-from-Grace and Nordom in Planescape: Torment.
- Fall-from-Grace: Why, Nordom, are you trying to court me?
- Nordom: It was not my intention to initiate legislation against you.
- "Straight. Swords." is from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, where town guards will mention warriors from the province of Hammerfell having scimitars. Possibly also a reference to a humorous player-made picture of a Hammerfell guard from earlier Elder Scrolls games captioned as if saying the same of straight swords used in Skyrim.
- You see those warriors from Hammerfell? They’ve got curved swords. Curved. Swords.
- "Your yak is in another stable" is Toad's infamous "Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!" from Super Mario Bros.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Grand Expedition Yak's reforging vendor (Mystic Birdhat) now offers transmogrification services instead of reforging.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.