|This article is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
The Mythic+ dungeon system provides an endlessly scaling challenge in 5-player Mythic dungeons. This system allows a group of five players to compete against a timer, similar to Challenge Mode, but has much more lenient times so that the emphasis is on solid execution rather than pure speed.
- Completing a Mythic+ dungeon rewards epic gear at a higher base ilvl than any other source besides raiding
- Mythic+ dungeons have levels; a level 3 dungeon will be more difficult than a level 2, but less difficult than a level 5
- Enemies in the dungeons deal more damage and have higher health pools with each level your party conquers
- A higher-level Mythic+ dungeon rewards higher-ilvl loot
- At certain levels, the dungeon gains an "affix" that changes the way enemies will act, adding additional complexity to the content
- Each week, players will receive a guaranteed item of loot based upon their performance in the previous week's Mythic+ dungeon lockout
- Set the dungeon difficulty to Mythic before entering the dungeon.
- A Font of Power object will be present near the dungeon's entrance, similar to the Challenge Mode dungeon object.
- The player with the Keystone must click on the Font of Power to open the Mythic+ UI.
- Place the Keystone from the bags into the socket in the center of the UI window.
- Wait a few moments so that it will update with the Keystone level and additional information about the dungeon.
- Click the red "Activate" button at the bottom of the window.
Once the Activate button is clicked, this will force all players to reload their UI, place a ghostly green wall in front of the party, and begin a 10-second countdown timer. When this reaches 0, the wall is removed and the Mythic+ timer begins.
Just like in Challenge Mode, the players' aim is to defeat all of the bosses in the dungeon, as well as a set amount of trash, before the Mythic+ timer expires.
- Beating the timer rewards the party with a new, higher-level Keystone of a random dungeon, and a Challenger's Cache that contains 3 pieces of loot at an appropriate ilvl, plus a chance at more loot for Keystones over 15.
- Once the timer finishes before completing the objectives, a Challenger's Cache will still spawn upon killing the final boss of the dungeon that will contain 2 pieces of loot, plus a chance at more loot for Keystones over 15.
- If you don't complete the dungeon in time, you will have a Keystone that is one level lower for the same dungeon.
A toast window will pop up when you complete the dungeon, displaying whether you beat the timer or not. This window also shows how many levels the Keystone is upgraded by if you successfully beat the timer.
The Mythic+ system has no lockouts, meaning the same Mythic+ dungeon can be completed as much as desired, as long as at least one player in the party has a Mythic Keystone.
Composition and Preparation
You cannot change party members once you have begun a Mythic+ dungeon. If one of your players disconnects, or leaves the group, the dungeon must be reset in order to refill the group. This will lower your Keystone by one level since patch 7.2.5.
Mythic+ dungeons, at least up to level 10, are balanced so that proper execution is a bigger factor in the party's success than any particular composition.
While inside a Mythic+ dungeon, all players are affected by Challenger's Burden. Whenever a player dies, 5 seconds is removed from the timer as a penalty. The Challenger's Burden debuff forces the party to consider whether a "death run" - streaking past a long stretch of trash mobs only to die and be resurrected in a safe location beyond them - is strategically beneficial. In certain cases, such as the opening hallway in Black Rook Hold, the party may determine if it is worth saving their potion cooldown (and using potions for 10 minutes), instead of killing the trash or using Invisibility potions.
This also serves as an indicator to the party that they may not be ready for a certain Mythic+ level. If accidental deaths are too frequent, the party will run out its clock long before completing the dungeon. Players will either need to come back with better gear, or improve their techniques and strategies in order to succeed.
- Main article: Mythic Keystone
The Mythic Keystone are special items that allow a player to begin a Mythic+ dungeon. Two examples of Mythic Keystones are shown to the right. The tooltip for these Keystones lists important information:
- The dungeon for which the Keystone is attuned
- The level of the Keystone
- Any affixes that might be in play for that dungeon (see below)
- The remaining duration on the Keystone item, which expires on the weekly dungeon lockout
A player may only possess one Mythic Keystone at a time, and will only receive one keystone per week. If the current Keystone was deleted, another one won't be available from any of the possible Keystone sources until after the weekly dungeon reset. If it was accidentally deleted, it can be recovered through the Blizzard Battle.net Item Restoration service.
Acquiring the Keystone
There are three ways to obtain one a Keystone:
- Complete a Mythic dungeon to receive a level 2 Keystone
- Participate in a Mythic+ dungeon using another player's Keystone to receive a Keystone
- If at least one Mythic+ dungeon has been done, open the Grand Challenger's Bounty in the Order Hall after a weekly dungeon reset to receive a new Keystone
- The Keystone from the Grand Challenger's Bounty will be a percentage lower than the best Mythic+ dungeon you completed last week, or a Keystone Level 2, whichever is higher
With the changes in patch 7.2, each player will have their own keystone that cannot be depleted. If the level gets too high for your liking, you may lower the Keystone's level by 1 step at a time by starting the dungeon, and then resetting it. This can be done solo.
Upgrading the Keystone
If one successfully complete a Mythic+ dungeon within the time allotted, the Keystone that was used to start the attempt will become upgraded by at least 1 level. The faster one clears the content, the larger the upgrade, up to a maximum of 3 levels higher.
- Beating the timer with less than 20% remaining (e.g. less than 6 minutes for a 30-minute dungeon) results in a +1 upgrade, e.g. from 3 to 4
- Beating the timer with more than 20%, but less than 40% remaining (e.g. less than 12 minutes, but more than 6, for a 30-minute dungeon), results in a +2 upgrade, e.g. from 3 to 5
- Beating the timer with more than 40% of the alloted time remaining (e.g. more than 12 minutes for a 30-minute dungeon) results in a +3 upgrade, e.g. from 3 to 6
At the end of the dungeon run, the upgraded Keystone will be placed in the initiating player's bag. Each time a Keystone is upgraded it will select a new dungeon at random from the set of dungeons the initiating player has access to (Cathedral of Eternal Night does not follow this rule). For example, if the player who started the run has not yet unlocked The Arcway/Court of Stars dungeons, the Keystone will only choose from the remaining valid dungeons.
An affix is an additional property that affects the way enemies within the dungeon will behave. These affixes do not appear on low-level Mythic+ dungeons; the first affix is gained at level 4. If the Keystone has an affix listed on it, then all of the enemies in that Mythic+ dungeon will inherit this property.
At Mythic Keystone level 4, players will see their first affix. It will be printed on the keystone's tooltip, and information about it will appear both on the Font of Power interface, Mythic Dungeons interface, and the objectives frame (where the timer and kill count are displayed) during the dungeon run. The Level 4 affix will be drawn from the pool and is chosen at random each week - all players who enter a Level 4+ Mythic+ dungeon will have the same affix.
- Bolstering — Bolsters allies within 30 yards upon death, permanently increasing their maximum heatlth and damage done by 20%. Stacks.
- Necrotic Rot — Consumes the target with creeping decay, inflicting X Plague damage every 2 sec, and reducing healing and absorption received by 2%, for 9 secs. Stacks.
- Raging — Non-boss enemies enrage at 30% health remaining, dealing 100% increased damage until defeated.
- Sanguine Ichor
- Heals enemies standing within it for 5% of their health every second.
- Deals damage to players standing within it for 15% of their health each second.
- Skittish — Enemies pay far less attention to threat generated by tanks.
- Teeming — Additional non-boss enemies are present throughout the dungeon.
- Bursting — When slain, non-boss enemies explode, causing all players to suffer 10% of their max health in damage over 4 sec. This effect stacks.
- Volcanic — While in combat, enemies periodically cause gouts of flame to erupt beneath the feet of distant players.
At Mythic Keystone level 7, players will see a second affix added to their Keystone. This affix is chosen from the remaining 7 affixes in the above list or the following three affixes added in patch 7.2:
- Explosive — While in combat, enemies periodically summon Explosive Orbs that will detonate if not destroyed.
- Quaking — Periodically, all players emit a shockwave, inflicting damage and interrupting nearby allies.
- Grievous — When injured below 90% health, players will suffer increasing damage over time until healed above 90% health.
This affix is also chosen at random each week - all players who enter a Level 7+ Mythic+ dungeon will have the same two affixes.
At Mythic Keystone level 10, a new set of affixes is available, but consists of only two choices:
- Fortified — Increases the health and damage of non-boss enemies.
- Tyrannical — Increases the health and damage of boss enemies.
This new affix is added to the existing level 4 and level 7 affixes, so level 10+ Keystones have three affixes in total. As with the level 4 and 7 affixes, these 10+ affixes are chosen at random each week, and all players who enter a Level 10+ Mythic+ Dungeon that week will have the same three affixes.
The aim of these level 10+ affixes is to make the high-level Mythic+ dungeons noticeably more difficult, so that progressing beyond level 10 represents extreme dedication to this type of content. Mythic+ teams who wish to push beyond Mythic+ level 10 are likely to require specific group compositions and use highly refined strategies. Currently, loot does not improve past level 10, and players do not need to beat the level 10 timer to achieve the greatest possible loot reward from Mythic+ content, so all specs and classes should be able to compete for the best loot available.
Since Battle for Azeroth, a 4th affix has been added to be applied to keystones at level 10 or higher. This affix will change with every new season of Battle for Azeroth.
There are two types of loot associated with Mythic+ Dungeons: a chest at the end of the instance, and a chest from your Class Hall the week after.
- At the end of a successful run, a chest (or several chests) will appear that all players can loot.
- The loot is personal, so each player should loot it to see what their reward is
- Two pieces of loot are guaranteed, but may be distributed amongst the party randomly
- Players who receive loot will receive items that are appropriate to their class/spec
- These items can be traded to other eligible players in the party, if they are not an ilvl upgrade for the player who won them
- Mythic Keystones can now direct you to Lower Karazhan, Upper Karazhan, and the new in 7.2 dungeon, Cathedral of Eternal Night.
- Artifact Power rewards for Mythic Keystone dungeons have been adjusted:
- Longer dungeons, such as Halls of Valor, now award a proportionately higher amount of Artifact Power.
- Shorter dungeons, such as Maw of Souls, now award a proportionately lower amount of Artifact Power.
- Artifact Power bonuses have been added to the weekly chest rewards. These increase based on the highest level Mythic Keystone that was completed.
In 7.3, the amount of Artifact Power has changed since the dungeons have been rescaled.
|Level||Lesser dungeons||Medium Dungeons||Greater Dungeons|
Type of dungeons:
- Lesser Dungeons: Maw of Souls
- Regular Dungeon: Black Rook Hold, Cathedral of Eternal Night, Court of Stars, Darkheart Thicket, Eye of Azshara, Upper and Lower Karazhan, Neltharion's Lair, Vault of the Wardens, Seat of the Triumvirate
- Greater Dungeons: Arcway, Halls of Valor
This section contains information that is out-of-date. Reason: Missing Mythic+ levels 2-9 ilvls; also ilvl was squished in BfA
The dungeon chest drops are taken from the loot table for the dungeon the players have completed.
The Order Hall chest drops may be from any dungeon, including dungeons that have not yet been unlocked for that character (e.g. Court of Stars/The Arcway) or dungeons that do not have a M+ mode (e.g. Assault on Violet Hold). This gear will be at least a Warforged version of the type of gear you would have gotten from your best Mythic+ dungeon - so for example, if you cleared a Mythic 5, you will get at least a Mythic 5 Titanforged item. The chart below shows the minimum ilvl you will get from each source:
|Level||Dungeon chest||Order Hall chest|
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added a seasonal 4th affix for level 10 or higher keystones.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Combat resurrections mechanics in Mythic Keystone dungeons now closely mirror how they function in a raid encounter. When you start a Mythic Keystone dungeon, you will begin with one charge, and accumulate additional charges every 10 minutes. All combat resurrection spells now share a single pool of charges to a maximum of 5 charges.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13):
- Mythic Keystone enemy health and damage now increase by 10% per level (was 8% per level).
- The Mythic Keystone end-of-dungeon reward chest now contains a third item for the group when the dungeon is completed within the time limit.
- In Mythic Keystone dungeons, beating the timer by a very large margin upgrades the Keystone by 2 or 3 levels instead of just 1, but no longer awards additional loot chests.
- Clearing Mythic Keystone levels above 15 will have a chance of dropping additional items (roughly one extra item awarded per 3 difficulty levels beyond 15).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.